PORTING vs. Trinity racing 2 in 1 carb kit

ok what would be better to get that trinity racing 2 in 1 carb kit or porting? ive ben looking at low to mid end porting would that increse the top end any? im new so dont think im a retard i just got my banshee lol and im looking to mod it

i want t5's,K&N filter,adv. timing,,new reeds,either carb kit or porting or both

well what does the +4 timing exactly do? can u tell a diff. and so what would be better to get first porting or the carb id rather the carb b/c i cant find ne place around here that does porting but if i did get the carb about how much hp would i get and about what would the top speed be? and juss the carb would be a good mod without the porting right?

A two into one carb setup will be ok on stock porting. As said, porting allows more fuel/more efficient delivery...a bigger carb coincides with that.

Larger carbs on stock porting is pretty much a waste...

+4 timing advance gives you a little more bottom, and advances the timing all the way up the curve.

A lightened flywheel smooths out the hit by letting the engine rev faster. You'll notice your T5's have a distinctive "hit"....

The flywhee lets you rev quicker...so the hit becomes less evident.

I did my flywheel and timing plate at the same time. Absolutely loved the change...made it much more trail friendly. My buddy even agreed after he jumped off his 450R...

A two into one carb setup will be ok on stock porting.  As said, porting allows more fuel/more efficient delivery...a bigger carb coincides with that.

Larger carbs on stock porting is pretty much a waste...

+4 timing advance gives you a little more bottom, and advances the timing all the way up the curve.

A lightened flywheel smooths out the hit by letting the engine rev faster.  You'll notice your T5's have a distinctive "hit"....

The flywhee lets you rev quicker...so the hit becomes less evident.

I did my flywheel and timing plate at the same time.  Absolutely loved the change...made it much more trail friendly.  My buddy even agreed after he jumped off his 450R...

498690[/snapback]

so gettin the 2in1 carb is a waste without porting?

No...no...no...

I meant in a twin carb setup. 35 mm carbs on a stock motor would be a waste.

Single will be ok.

Bansh...08, the flywheel is located on the left side, behind the sidecover.

You really should invest in a "bible"...or the clymers manual for your shee.

You need the correct puller to get the flywheel off, available at a dealer or ebay for 10 to 20 bucks. Remove the nut, put the puller on...(it screws into the flywheel) and hit the outer bolt with an impact gun. It'll pop right off...

Really, it's very simple.

Bansh...by your pic, you should invest in pipes first and foremost. They are the absolute first mod on any shee.

you can also go to your local atv shop and as long as you have your cover off and your nut off your flywheel they will usually pull it off for free, or a small fee. And I highly request getting ahold of boonman, he will lighten your flywheel alot cheaper and alot quicker than anyone else.

No...no...no...

I meant in a twin carb setup.  35 mm carbs on a stock motor would be a waste.

Single will be ok.

Bansh...08, the flywheel is located on the left side, behind the sidecover.

You really should invest in a "bible"...or the clymers manual for your shee.

You need the correct puller to get the flywheel off, available at a dealer or ebay for 10 to 20 bucks. Remove the nut, put the puller on...(it screws into the flywheel) and hit the outer bolt with an impact gun. It'll pop right off...

Really, it's very simple.

Bansh...by your pic, you should invest in pipes first and foremost.  They are the absolute first mod on any shee.

498710[/snapback]

i know im gettin pipes soon im just tryin to figure out what else im gonna do

Before you buy carb(s), think ahead if you are going to eventually get the cyl's ported. If so you may want to either wait on carbs, or get ones that will work good with the soon to come porting. Or else you will be selling them to get bigger ones to accomodate the port job when you do get. I dont have much experience with single carbs, but Im pretty sure its stock cyls- 33pwk, ported 35pwk +. Porting seems to be the last mod anyone does after the pipes, carb setup, filter etc.. this can lead to having to change everything to get the porting how you want it to respond. plan ahead

GOOD FUCKIN LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!! i just read the title and i had to come in here !

a proper port job / head job time and time again with stock carbs will RIP on a two into 1 with equivelent work !!!!!!!!!! how do i know i have ran both setups please stay clear from 2 : 1 unless u dont go fast and like to ride like a pu$$y

GOOD FUCKIN LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!! i just read the title and i had to come in here !

a proper port job / head job    time and time again with stock carbs will RIP on a two into 1 with equivelent work !!!!!!!!!!      how do i know  i have ran both setups please stay clear from 2 : 1 unless u  dont go fast and like to ride like a pu$$y

498883[/snapback]

what are some good carbs that will be good with porting

but i ride treails alot and need low end and ive heard the 2 in 1 carb is good for that

Edited by banshee_08