moded banshee vs moded yfz450

You cant just compare hp, there are a lot of things that come into play such as the rpm the power is at, the max rpm you can get out of the motor, torque, getting power to the ground (right paddles), gearing, and weight. I think a long race with any 4 stroke you will win.

Sorry I disagree but a four strokes power comes on lower in the rpm range than a 2 stroke. As far your tire spin idea that is traction issue not a horsepower or torque issue. Most of all I can't see a bike that has 1/3 more horse power getting spanked unless he's running no traction at all.

Here is my take on this issue. A banshee with the mods mentioned will have a power band that starts at about 5000 or so, a thumper such as a yfz450 will start at like 3000 or so. The reason a banshee has so much wheelspin is the necessity to rev the motor up to like say 7000 and then dump the clutch at take off in order to get a decent take off therefore you get lots of wheelspin because you are in the powerband right away. A thumper can use its low end torque to get the wheels going with less actual tire speed eliminating the excessive wheelspin. That being said you may lose out of the whole unless the guy you race has no riding skill at all. When your banshee finally hooks up and you are in the powerband you should by all means make up space pretty fast. Race a thumper from like a 3rd gear roll and see who wins guarantee it will be a banshee every time, unless you have no mods and he has every mod.