Help. my right piston shatters all the time

hey guys i need some help figurin out why the right piston just disingrates within like 15 hours of a fresh rebuild on it. its happened to me twice now. is the cylinder on crooked or something? would a new right cylinder and piston fix the problem? it really sucks, becuase its always the right one. the left one looks great. and the quad will still run, it just has the bottom front of the piston off. i dont understand whats goin on. it seriously is shooting piston out my exhaust.

Is it leaning out and burning up? Check your carb boots, could be leaning out the right cylinder from an air leak and detonating it. Also might wanna check your cylinder walls, might have a lip on one of the ports that is causing a ring to catch, then break, then shoot around like a "pong" ball x ten thousand

crooked bore? crank out of balance? i would start at the crank.

496890[/snapback]

I agree it has to be either crank out of balance, or piston slap.  When is the last time you have mic'd your cylinders?  If you find out they are in tolerance, then better look at the crank.

496914[/snapback]

I agree, that is the first place I would check :cheers: