i got walked by my dads bmw r1100r.

my dad has ridden my banshee quite a few times, and i have ridden his bmw r1100r sport bike as well, we got to talkin about drag racing and he thought my banshee was so fast that he wasnt sure who would win. keep in mind my banshee is 100% stock down to the oem tyres. we decided to have a go at it so we went to an abandoned airport runway a few miles from home and had some drag races. i pumped my banshee tyres up to 15psi for less rolling resistance, but it was worthless. his r1100r just walked away each time we went at it.

what would it take to get a banshee to go from 0-60 in under 2.5 seconds on tarmac? it would be fun to beat his r1100r. i wasnt too far behind.

haha so basically i wont beat his bike unless i dump some serious cash into my banshee. thats ok, im pretty much satisfied with its performance as it is. it would be cool to beat his bike, but it wouldnt be worth the price.

the airport is in sebring, well between sebring and lake placid. the grass runway is still used, but the tarmac is basically abandoned and over run with potholes and weeds. theres still some good sections for drag racing though. the whole area is a neat place to explore on a quad.

I thought this might shed a little light to how much power is required to get 0-60.

Its about some Earth bound rocket scientists that propel a bicycle with a roofing tar and N2O rocket.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/0602...rocketbike.html

One little excerpt from the article states: "That project didn't kill anyone, so Pickens got himself another bike and stepped it up, attaching a 200-pound-thrust engine capable of blasting him from 0 to 60 miles an hour in five seconds

the airport is in sebring, well between sebring and lake placid.

495955[/snapback]

I sent you a PM(dont worry about it,it says the same thing). I live in sebring, FL too. At least get some good pipes, T'6s if you want to stay stock and then maybe some reeds. Believe me, it helps.