T5K kit from Toomey

O.K. Well I just got my T5K kit from Toomey and it only came with two size mains, 280 and 270. I am suppossed to use the 270 for elevation above 3000 ft. I have no problem with that, but I want to get some advice. I am at almost 4200 ft and basic mods are wiesco .20 over, boysen reeds, unifilter with airbox on, pretty much stock. What size main do think I should run?? The kit also came with instructions to install airbox vents and the perfect jet kit, ect. Let me know what you guys think... Thanks

I have had several discussions with the folks at Toomey about altitude, Know one ever talks about density altitude which can be a huge daily difference here in the west. You for sure want the airbox vents I like the 2 in 0ne filter better but thats not what you have. I put your same kit on my wifes machine last year, It took 290s on the main. Once the jets are right for a std day, Instead of changing jets when the temp changes, we adjust our amount of oil . It has work for me for about 30 yrs of two stroke operation. More oil in the hot weather less oil in the cold.

Thanks for the replies.. I went ahead with the recommended 270's and followed their instructions and WOW!!! These T5's woke this bike up bigtime. I can't believe the huge gain, not to mention the sound is fuckin awesome. After completing last night I ripped up and down the street twice, just to test. No sooner than I get it back on the trailer to put back on the garage the cops showed up :o Were you riding your quad up and down the street? No Sir, I was just loading my bikes up for tomorrow. He said o.k. and left ... Funny thing is when I worked on my Shee in the past and test drove it up and down the block with stock pipes no one called the cops :confused: So I guess no more hot lapping the block anymore.

Later