FMF Pipes Touching Coolant Hose

burst43

I just put a set of FMF Gnarly pipes on my banshee. The right side pipe actually touches one of the coolant hose. I put high heat reflective tape over the hose and then reinstalled the pipe. Anyone else have this problem? Will the tape work? :shrugani:

take the hose off the radiator and off the cases and flip it, there will be a big spring on the one end, put the end with the spring on the case half end so the pipe cant hit the hose. this is what I did when I ran my t-5s never had a problem

495265[/snapback]

Ditto...same here. You can get some heat wrap tape, tape the hose and put the spring over it...if you really want to...

No problems here, though....

Sure....if ya want the tape to melt to your new pipes and make 'em look like sh!t. Take the time to do it right and take pride in your shee. :)

Will the tape work for one day of riding?  Obviously I would have to drain the coolant if not and turn the hose around.  Thanks

495307[/snapback]

Sure....if ya want the tape to melt to your new pipes and make 'em look like sh!t.  Take the time to do it right and take pride in your shee.  :)

495322[/snapback]

Heat tape...as in the same tape used to wrap headers on race cars, etc.

It will not melt. If it does...you have much, much bigger problems to worry about...like the forest or home fire you banshee is in....and if your insurance is paid up on either home and/or property...:)

:cry:

;)

Sumthin like this...alhtough...it's enough to damn near wrap the whole bike...

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/products.h...nalexhaust.html

Edited by dajogejr

well here is my little fix for the problem .... there are some rubber rings on the radiator hose that keep the spring where it belongs. slide the rubber ring down to the point that teh pipe hits the hose, the ring will keep it from melting the hose. i ran mine that way for about 3 years and the rubber ring never got more than a slight scortch. :cheers: LOL and ya don't gotta drain ur coolant either!!!!!!!!

OK, smart ass. :notworthy: Just tryin' to help the kid. Why fuck around and do a monkey ass job instead of doing shit right? Oh, I gotta drain the coolant. Boo Hoo!! Damn....

:yank:

Heat tape...as in the same tape used to wrap headers on race cars, etc.

It will not melt.  If it does...you have much, much bigger problems to worry about...like the forest or home fire you banshee is in....and if your insurance is paid up on either home and/or property...:)

:cry:

;)

Sumthin like this...alhtough...it's enough to damn near wrap the whole bike...

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/products.h...nalexhaust.html

495329[/snapback]

OK, smart ass.  :notworthy:  Just tryin' to help the kid.  Why fuck around and do a monkey ass job instead of doing shit right? Oh, I gotta drain the coolant.  Boo Hoo!!  Damn....

:yank:

495339[/snapback]

Didn't mean to come off as a smart ass...just trying to clarify...typing doesn't always show intention or attitude...

I didn't want you to think I was talking about our favorite 300MPH tape...Duct tape...

I wrapped mine just a little, put it inside the spring...never had a problem.

I agree about doing it right, and not wanting to drain the coolant is not an excuse (although...with Engine Ice at about 15 bucks a pop or so...it does pain me a bit.)...:)

It's all good...

:cheers: