FMF Powercore 2 Silencer Installation

burst43

New to the forum. First time banshee owner. :clap: 1998 I am installing a set of FMF gnarly pipes and powercore 2 silencers. The silencers have very vauge instructions. I don' know where to put the thick rubber gaskets and how to arrange the spacer properly. Any help would be great. Maybe a pic from someone who has these on their quad. I used the search function, but came up empty handed. Thanks for the help. I have learned a ton on info, just surfing the forum.

Hmm... I have pro circiut's and ive taken them off a hundred time's. There are 2 spring's take them off. Un blot them. Take the rubber mounty thingy that is in the middle. And that is pritty much bout it u will plyer's and renche's. TWIN That might help a teeney bit i have never seen gasket's on mine.

yeh i know what you are talking about you need to take one of the rubber gromets on one side of the silencer then put the spacer in the middle of the rubber gromet then put the other rubber gromet on the other side of the silencer, this one holds it all together then put the bolt through and tighten it up.

Thanks Trex. My only question is what holds the second gromet on? The spacer doesn't allow for it to be "Pinched" into place like the one on the outside. I am new at this so please bear with me, I may not be getting it. But man, I am excited about this Banshee :headbang:

Thanks Trex.  My only question is what holds the second gromet on?  The spacer doesn't allow for it to be "Pinched" into place like the one on the outside.  I am new at this so please bear with me, I may not be getting it. But man, I am excited about this Banshee :headbang:

494499[/snapback]

Congrats on your new purchase.

THis is how I mounted my fmf silencers:

Take the aluminum spacer, it should be tapered. Place the bigger end twards the frame.

Slide the first rubber bushing onto the smaller taper of the spacer.

Put the silencer on. Put the second bushing on and then the big flat washer.

Put the bolt in thru all that and tighten.

That's how i mounted mine. Make sense? :lol:

Wicked, That is how I ended up putting it together. I do have one question/concern. I used the stock coupler between the head pipe and the silencer pipe, but I tightened it all the way down. It seems pretty snug, but I am not sure. Is this an issue? Are there other couplers to use? Maybe FMF specifically. Just wondering. :shrugani:

Yea, I mounted mine like Banshee~ had his, from looking at those pics.

As far as the coupler is concerned, I bought some of those

made by TM designworks from rockymountainatv. They are

basically collars with different sized o-rings inside of them.

They were kind of pricy but they look really good and they

never leaked.

:cheers: