roundhouse conversion

Wallrat

I know there's some OG's that have this, but I dunno if any of them are still around. I'm just trying to figure out what size tube/pipe you guys are using and what bearing carriers they'll fit. Ideally I'd like to find a carrier that will fit a common tube ID so I don't have to dick around with the lathe.

Cotton eyed joe sells a conversion kit for this.It comes with everything including a carrier and brake caliper mounting plate.PM him.You can check his web-site for the kit.

http://www.dunedevilinc.com/

JJ&A is another option.You can order everything from there web-site.Go to swingarm components.

http://jjandaracing.com/

Yeah I know Stan's the man. I pm'd him awhile back about this same question and he gave me the specs on the carrier's he uses. I'm just trying to find out if I can avoid lathe time by switching carriers. I'm thinking I might start making arms myself to pay for a few banshee mods. Should have a jig together for shortening stock swingers by this weekend. I'm considering setting it up for roundhouses as well...Gotta keep the overhead down so that rules out buying kits.

Yeah I know Stan's the man.  I pm'd him awhile back about this same question and he gave me the specs on the carrier's he uses.  I'm just trying to find out if I can avoid lathe time by switching carriers.  I'm thinking I might start making arms myself to pay for a few banshee mods.  Should have a jig together for shortening stock swingers by this weekend.  I'm considering setting it up for roundhouses as well...Gotta keep the overhead down so that rules out buying kits.

493640[/snapback]

i did the same thing you are talking about. i had a machine shop make a bunch of shit for me and it was fuckin expensive. i have done many roundhouse conversions on stock swingers. pretty simple to do but then again its still a stock swinger. sellin swingarms is hard too, ppl dont wanna pay for shit. ive had a hard time sellin some +4's ive had. i dont think 275 for a heavy duty chromoly swinger is too bad. the ones im making are mild steel, simply because ive bent the fuck outta chromoly ones just as easily. im just gusseting the mild steel ones..

Tried ebay?  You might be running into a problem w/ them being too heavy-duty.  Most folks needing an extended arm are duners, and duners don't like weight.  HD -2's I can see selling better than HD +4's.

493677[/snapback]

no havent tried ebay yet..that would be a last resort...