No compression after rebuild

tijoe696

what kind of compression tester do you have?i bought one from sears and it was junk.Different readings between clys and off by 20 lbs,compared to my new snap-on tester...u need to kick the shit out of her with the gas wide open.you rode it,how does it run?75lbs it will run like shit, start like shit....

well actually if ya think about it there shouldn't be any way it should even start with 75 lbs. yeh i would check your compression checker, or get another to compare the results to.

490511[/snapback]

I'm thinking you might be right.75 is extremely low.I don't see how it's running if it is.

If it starts relatively easy...there's no way 75Lbs is right. Mine has 110 right now...and it could start easier...and I know the compression tester I bought is good, it's a top of the line snap on my buddy bought.

As said, before you lose all your hair over this, try another compression tester.

My buddy used a cheapy in his 700 forumula snowmobile triple.

One cylinder had 145, the middle had 180, the other had 130.

This sled has about 8000 miles on it...and still started and ran great. I kept telling him the tester he used was JUNK.

Sure enough, put my buddy's snap on tester on it, 135 across the board....

Right tools for the right job always help!!!