some Noss Head questions

mattb348

I am interested in getting some NOSS heads for my banshee. I do as usual, have a few questions though : )

First of all, if I buy the noss head for 195 bucks off of the nossmachine.com website, does it come with everything but the domes? cuase it said something about you have to buy the "shell" seperately. Does that mean I have to buy the orings along with the domes? or does it atleast come with those?

Next question: if I bought the highest compression domes (17cc), would there be any clearance problems? My banshee is all stock except for PC pipes/silencers and K&N clamp on filters.

Also, does I even need a head gasket? or is that what the orings are for?

I beleive I'm about sea level. I use 93 (premium) pump gas. Is it even going to work for me using 17cc domes? Doesn't the highest compression yeild the most power???

Lastly, how much more power do the heads & high compression domes give VS the stock head? Is it as big of a boost as my PC pipes & K&N clamp on pod filters?

Thanks a bunch for any info!

i dont kno anything about them coming seperate thought it came as a package with everything u need. U shouldnt have a clearance issue with the 17 cc domes but theres no way ur gonna be able to run 93 oct. on them gonna have to go up to around 110. The Noss head along with many other aftermarket heads dont really give Hp just better cooling which promotes longer engine life, also gives more compression and just plain looks sick. I dont kno about the whole gasket issue im pretty sure u need to run one and the o- rings just seal around the studs. Correct me if im wrong.

Also if u mention ur an HQ member u get 10% off :clap:

i dont kno anything about them coming seperate thought it came as a package with everything u need. U shouldnt have a clearance issue with the 17 cc domes but theres no way ur gonna be able to run 93 oct. on them gonna have to go up to around 110. The Noss head along with many other aftermarket heads dont really give Hp just better cooling which promotes longer engine life, also gives more compression and just plain looks sick. I dont kno about the whole gasket issue im pretty sure u need to run one and the o- rings just seal around the studs.  Correct me if im wrong.

Also if u mention ur an HQ member u get 10% off :clap:

489600[/snapback]

Looks like the state I am in (VT) is about 1000 FT above sea level. Does this mean I can get away with using like 18cc domes with 93 octane pump gas? :)

I just checked out the site, and the shell comes with the o-rings. You do not use the stock head gasket on any aftermarket "cool head", because it is completely sealed with o-rings. The benefit of the head is better cooling, the ability to change your domes, which changes your compression, and better low end power, because of the higher compression, if you choose to use the smaller cc domes. I've had a Pro Design Cool Head for 8 or 9 years, and I've only had to put new o-rings in it twice, and I've rebuilt the top end 4 times.

Looks like the state I am in (VT) is about 1000 FT above sea level. Does this mean I can get away with using like 18cc domes with 93 octane pump gas? :)

489608[/snapback]

I very highly doughbt that if ur gonna run pump switch to 20cc domes

The domes and head shell are sold separately since there are lots of different combinations of the two that someone might want.

Better cooling isn't the only advantage. You do get a horsepower and torque increase with the head and domes. The amount depends on the dome selection, your other mods, and and your elevation.

If you are at sea level running 93 octane, you definitely don't want to install 17cc domes. 21cc domes would be recommended...at 1000' you could use 20cc domes.

No head gasket is used with the head. Only the orings.

With the head and domes, nothing else is needed. The orings, copper washers, and acorn nuts are included with the head shell.

PM or call if I missed something or can help.

-David