TWISTERS TRIPLE CYLINDER?

Guest Wicked ATV

Guest WICKED ATV

Yes i was wanting to know if anyone knows if twister crankshaft's triple cylinder powervalve is worth 13,500.00. it comes with everything ready to go but i was wanting to know if anyone knows for sure. Im building me a a bike from the ground up and im willing max out as many credit cards as it takes lol. This is my only hobby and I want to enjoy it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup its worth it call K&t and aske them what theres would run to build u or,, buddy deville at SSR,, well if thats the case hello my name is shannon and i got some parts for sale!! LOL.. dude heres a warning for u there are alot of builders out here that are straight up ,,but i know for a fact that u dont want to tell that to some cause ud have that maxxed out and your bike still wouldnt be done,, just letting u know u can build and build and build untill your out of money so id just ask how much parts costed dont tell them ur pockets are deep or youll end up with a 50,000 banshee LOL

Edited by 2bzy2p

Guest WICKED ATV

well the reason i was wanting to go with twister is because their motor comes with pipes,carbs,ignition. Everything to make it a bolt on and go. But would the price be better to just go with a big T-rex or cheetah or would that 3rd cylinder make alot more difference lol.

Well ur comparing like 500cc or something on the trex (am i remembering that right?) vs. like a 750 with the triple. So of course there's a difference.

IMO if you wanna go that big its cheaper to mod the frame for a streetbike engine. That way u get 4 cylinders!

Well ur comparing like 500cc or something on the trex (am i remembering that right?) vs. like a 750 with the triple.  So of course there's a difference.

IMO if you wanna go that big its cheaper to mod the frame for a streetbike engine.  That way u get 4 cylinders!

488734[/snapback]

$13,500 would get you into a Hayabusa+turbo.

:)

If I ever have exactly $13,500 you can bet where I'm spending it.

Guest WICKED ATV

I do have a stock bansee chasiss with a + 10 swingarm. I emailed Twister about there motor but they wouldn't respond, it might be that i asked how most people pay for there powervalve triple setup. LOL Hey how much do you want for your triple and can you describe the setup?

having been around PS for a bit. that motor just may be they answer to exceeding the speed of light.

488911[/snapback]

I couldn't find it to save my life right now...but I know I saw a site once, that offered triples, and QUAD cylinder Banshee engines! I can't find it now and I'm so pissed off. :angry: Can you imagine 4 of those going off? :drool:

i can tell you a stock chassis isnt going to handle this motor...lol

its a 14mm triple, 8 plate, straight cuts, custom racers edge based pipes, billet crankworks crank, direct drive locker, bearing support, billet water pump cover, stator cover, ect.

like alcoholic said i have about 16500+ into this motor.

there is a pic of it on here someplace. If you ask locogato really nice he may be able to find it for you.

Those triples would absolutely smoke a Busa turboed. You might be lucky to get 325 hp, 275 is common (although 500+ has been done with space to work with) out of that engine and it weighs in at quite a bit more. I don't know the exact number but my 600cc in my F3 weighs in at 131 lbs wet. Double the displacement and obviously it grows in mass. We'll say just for arguements sake, 200 lbs. Add the turbo and all the piping and exhaust and you'll be lucky to stay under 235 pds. Now a simple bit of power/weight ratio is calculated. The 'twister' weighs in at just over 110 lbs I believe (stock shee is ~80). It claims an output of 215hp. Add the pipes and other little things, put it at 125 lbs. now....

215hp/125lbs = 1.75 hp/lb

325hp/235lbs = 1.4 hp/lb

Now I am being very liberal with the output of the Busa engine, I think around high 200's, low 300's is fairly common with turbos. 265-270 seems to be the number I am seeing most often. And obviously those numbers aren't exactly. Now if you REALLY wanted to do something wild.....

V8 Busa

Personally I'd go with the twister. But if I had 13.5K to PLAY with I know I could find better things to play with. Like two new quads instead of just an engine.