XC setup for FMSQ

Im setting my bike up a little different this year! Going to be racing the 1.5 hours FMSQ touring Quebec Canada!

I was thinking of the cheetah cub or the vitos monoblock 404, both using a 4mm stroker 5mm long rod. Has anyone ever tried these set up for this type of racing?

What kind of rad protection does everyone use?

• 2 months later...

i suggest you a setup with a very easy to ride and smoot powerband..... you better invest in high tech suspension and steering damper for this king of event...... I raced couple of one fmsq event last year and biggest problem is to ride at my 90% during 1.5hrs... and think about oversize tank depend on your setup!.....if you need more advice contact me on my msn: skattrack@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

hey kool man im setting my shee up for this kinda race

been wanting 2 try it for a while where does this take place???

my buddy has a cottage at lack simon

and im always around vtt quadpro up by St jerome

any info would be awsom

thanks

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Im setting my bike up a little different this year! Going to be racing the 1.5 hours FMSQ touring Quebec Canada!

I was thinking of the cheetah cub or the vitos monoblock 404, both using a 4mm stroker 5mm long rod. Has anyone ever tried these set up for this type of racing?

if you are seriouse about any form of xc racing the shee is not the quad to use...great for open ares but you would be way better off on a 4-stroke for woods racing

if you are seriouse about any form of xc racing the shee is not the quad to use...great for open ares but you would be way better off on a 4-stroke for woods racing

That would depend on alot of things. I ride mine long and hard in the woods and it takes everything I can give it. To me anyone can trail ride a four stroke, I still want one for my wife.

I don't know about a stroker. I think I would go with a 400 or so big bore kit over the stroker, giving how you'll be riding it. The big bore should give you the powerband your looking for. Then, get some FMF Fatty pipes to mate them to. Good broad power in a setup like that. Then look for some +2 a-arms for the front and nice axle for the rear. Not sure how wide you'll be racing in but if it's somewhat open, run stock offset fronts, if it's tight, get some 4-1 fronts to narrow it back up a little. The wider a-arm, narrow offset will get you handling really well, eliminate bumpsteer and work great. Then get some nice shocks, get Elkas since they're a canadian company. get a good steering dampener and with that, you'll be set.