best cycle oil?

i was using klotz benol, but when i took my engine apart i noticed some gum spots on my piston, so im guessing i need to get a full synthetic? Is klotz r-60 or is ti r-90 a full synthetic, or i can get amsoil, but it would be really easy to get maxima super m. what do you guys think? oh with the klots im running 36:1 and i want to keep it at that ratio if possible. thanks

its the castor oil in benol and caster 927 thats stuff is junk will gum up on your reeds and everything,, it is a good oil to use in the winters if u ride in 32 degrees a lil above and below.. i would use klotz techniplate,, its a synthetic with 20$ caster so u have that good caster lining but its not all caster junkin it up

i was using klotz benol, but when i took my engine apart i noticed some gum spots on my piston, so im guessing i need to get a full synthetic? Is klotz r-60 or is ti r-90 a full synthetic, or i can get amsoil, but it would be really easy to get maxima super m. what do you guys think? oh with the klots im running 36:1 and i want to keep it at that ratio if possible. thanks

486113[/snapback]

i run klotz R50 have no problem with it at 40:1 ran 927 but looks to dry cylinders out a little

I had alot of buildup on the top of my pistons from 927. not in the cylinder itself. It also left a buld up in my pipes only after a few trips, I admit I was mising 36 to one and may have been running rich. Take your pipes off and look if your running 927 try scraping some of that black shit off...

Or take a look at a motor runnin 927 vs another running a full synthetic and you will see what we are talking about.

927 is NOT a good oil is cold temperatures, it will actualy seperate from the gas at low temperatures.

Also it does not mix well and should be shaken up every time before you pour and it not ideal for storing in a fuel tank either.

There are other oils that protect as well if not better in a gas motor. But 927 is good stuff if your running alcahol.

927 sure smells good though! Unless your burning alcahol cause that shit reaks.