482 cheetah power valve

Hey everyone how much horse would a 482 cc cheetah put out with a good port job and all the outher little mods and what would i push for speed with diff gearing and give ur thoughts and oppinions.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 485 Cheetah pv with just touch up porting and I love it. It's basicly the same as the 482... I think it's just a little bigger bore. I don't know why they changed it but what ever... IT ROCKS... I've never had it on a dyno but I had a drag ported 420 big bore before this and even with no porting this 485 kicks it's ass hands down. What I like the most is it has soooo much power all the way through the rpm's. Power valves are awesome... it pulls right from idle.... well almost... If this was ported it would be crazy. In case you haven't noticed so far I LOVE IT.... definately money well spent.

I see u dont have paddles well u live in canada i see i live right below u in maine so a 485 aint to much power and speed for around hear i will be gettin a 6 inch plus swinger how would that be for going up steep hills and turning around nik

Not too sure about speed....don't have a speedo.. but when we ride in the ditches on the hiway we blow by cars like nothin...but that's all up yo your gearing. I use the stock 14, 42 with 22 inch tires and ya the pic is with Turf Tamers but I have 4 sets of tires and rims depending on where we are riding. A +6 swinger should work great for climbing. I have a +5 on mine and it works good. I have no problem doin rainbows and sliding the ass end out. We go down to St. Anthonys in Idaho once a year to hit the big dunes but we have some smaller stuff around here as well, so I ride sand quite a bit too.

Ya you'll need to do something..lol I put on a lock-up... I got all my stuff from K&T Performance. Great guys to deal with... you should give them a call. Thay are also big into T-Rex and Cubs. If you tell them what you want to do with it they will help you get set up with whatever you need.

haha tell me bout it there is a 421 cc kit but i can the 482 for the same price lol better go bigger for the same price how oftain do u change pistons and gaskets shit like that oh and another great ? how does the front end come up when giving it do her on dirt or tar and what gears