Anyone up for planning a Silver Lake trip?

broke

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the spark arrestors at a store directly next to the parking lot. (walking distance) As for noise tests, random on the busy weekends...And dont pull up to the gate like a jackass, revin it up or ride around fast in the parking lot. Or they will for sure give ya some shit. But once you get past the check in do what ya want!! I had my last banshee with CPI inframes and barley passed the test. Just put it in the back of a truck and drive it in. If I someday Get my exhaust from Shearer I will be there, we have reservations for opening weekend. But no pipes no go.

Let plan something... it is a 11 hour drive for me and i would really love to go there... but don't know all the specifics. Other then i read about sparks and noise. All the rest of the stickers and passes needed is new to me. But i would love to go. But need a timeframe to take vacation from work. It would be a weekend thing if i go. Might as well make the best of it when i go. Thanks :drool:

Ok... explain all the things needed to me and where to get!!!

Current Vehicle permit- (Registration??)

M.S Park motor vehicle permit- online easy... 29 bucks Non-resident

Michigan ORV Registration-???

Entry Vouchers-??

Thanks... want to have all my ducks in a row before i get to deep into plans.

Thats ok, we had a blast last weekend eh?!!!! :cheers:

Even though you got busted lookin at T&A at the Mexican restaurant. :rotflmao:

Ok... explain all the things needed to me and where to get!!!

Current Vehicle permit- (Registration??)

M.S Park motor vehicle permit- online easy... 29 bucks Non-resident

Michigan ORV Registration-???

Entry Vouchers-??

Thanks... want to have all my ducks in a row before i get to deep into plans.

494435[/snapback]

Vouchers are free, just have to get in line and wait. Vouchers are only for Saturday and Sunday, and Holidays that fall on a weekday. If you go w/the group, some of the guys that have been there have figured out the easiest way to get vouchers, follow them.

Need an ORV for any vehicle you will drive in the dunes, not sure what they cost for out of state, but you can buy them at dune entrance. If you are just towing your quad into the parking lot and leaving your truck in the lot, it will not need one.

All vehicles that enter park period must have state park pass. Will need one for truck and every quad, bike, etc.

And no bikes have to be titled or anything like that to get passes.

If you don't already have one, whip flags are fairly priced priced at various locations in town. If I have missed anything, feel free to ask. I live 2 hrs away and am there almost every other weekend between Memorial day and Labor day, so the ones who are farther out should pic a few possible weekends and post as it will be easier for us residents to plan and attend.