So you like to ride huh? To BAD!

enFORCER

ehamburg- Have you approached these people? I understand that someone on your website approached a rider and was almost or was ran over." Which is completely out of control". Was this incident near your home or in a different area. I have a hard time believing that the police wouldn't take that serious. I wasn't using age as an excuse for kids. But I understand that kids are kids and sometimes they don't know any better until their parents sit them down. But this sounds like adults that are causing trouble. Are they 18 year old kids/adults? Or are they all above 20 years old? Are you located near legal riding areas? I am just trying to figure out why there are so many riders around you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't put every person that owns a 4-wheeler in that category.

I don't. My closest friends all ride. My family rides. We all own property. We all TRAILER to public riding areas.

But that dosen't change the fact that for $2000 anyone can get in on the sport. Good or bad. And believe me, there are plenty of bad, irrresponsible, disrespectful, anti-property rights, idot riders out there.

The problem seems to arise from people that don't have any property of there own to ride on, but also don't own a trailer or a truck, so they ride to their riding spot, over hill and dale, across private land, to arrive at some poor sap's private property and ride like hell. This was the problem in my case. And the people riding were probably mid-30s.

Let me put it to you this way, when was the last time you saw someone on a quad and thought to yourself, "Wow, that guy is really respecting everyone and everything around him."

The last time I saw someone on a quad was yesterday. He was hauling ass down the shoulder of a road, creating an enormous cloud of dust that was slowly blowing over the road. Every driver that I saw looked pretty pissed to have to deal with that.

Easy tiger. I wasn't accusing you of doing that. Just reminding you to keep an open mind and not stereotype all atv riders. Don't get so defensive. I see riders all the time and think to myself "Wow, that guy is really respecting everyone and everything around him." The scenario you mentioned I would be pissed too. Where I live the tractors picking up hay all day do the same thing and its really frustrating. I trailer my ATV's to anywhere I ride. So should I be in the same category as the idiot driving down the shoulder? I would hope not. Thats all I was saying.

Just reminding you to keep an open mind and not stereotype all atv riders.  Where I live the tractors picking up hay all day do the same thing and its really frustrating.

First off, I don't need any reminders from you. If I feel the need to stereotype, I'll do it, and you will just deal with it.

Second off, If a person is farming THEIR land, you can hardly make the arguement that it is the same thing as some jackass zipping down the soft shoulder along a highway.

I'll keep an open mind when you start using yours.

To Whom it may concern...

Thing's have changed so much in 10 year's in Wickenburg, we use to have a free wide open range to ride, but now the whole area is going to HELL...

It seem's that the trails we use to ride are slowly getting fenced off due to sale's of land for new house's, pretty soon all the kids that live in this area are going to sell their Quad's, ATV's Dirt Bike's and ORV's cause all you can do is DRUG's...

Why do all the Green peace people think that making life HELL for other's is so much better??? I like the fact that in AZ they can't do much Logging to remove the pines that are dead or being destroyed by the bark beetle and allow fire break's to be put in to save our forest... At this rate are forest will be gone in about 10 more year's...

So Hat's off to the people who are trying to help our environment, after all it's all the ORV and Rider's that screwing up our MOTHER...

I could go on with more stuff, but I think you get the point...

Later,

AZ Olie

Edited by AZ Olie

First off, I don't need any reminders from you. If I feel the need to stereotype, I'll do it, and you will just deal with it.

Second off, If a person is farming THEIR land, you can hardly make the arguement that it is the same thing as some jackass zipping down the soft shoulder along a highway.

482172[/snapback]

You are the kind of person that just doesn't get it. Maybe the guy going down the side of the road owned that property. Did you ever think of that? Of course not you are too busy trying to be a hard ass and police everyone on an ATV. People can ride on their land all they want even if its near a highway. Quit worrying about some guy driving on his property and worry about your little .125 of an acre. Thats open minded. Just assuming shit is not.

my favorite are the posts by that sound like they are a journal entry from a holocaust victim or a world war 2 survivor.

Today is day 25 in Axis occupied france. Uncle jim Bob has asthma, emphesyma, and mulitiple types of cancer. THe Sounds of tanks and trucks going by are driving him insane. The dust is intolerable due to my 65 allergies. I feel like a prisoner in my own country, its only a matter of time before they come for us. Guess i shouldnt have moved to occupied france last month. Oh well i guess we can just start a group and complain. That always fixes everything.

You are the kind of person that just doesn't get it. Maybe the guy going down the side of the road owned that property. Did you ever think of that? Of course not you are too busy trying to be a hard ass and police everyone on an ATV. People can ride on their land all they want even if its near a highway. Quit worrying about some guy driving on his property and worry about your little .125 of an acre. Thats open minded. Just assuming shit is not.

482841[/snapback]

Don't even bother with Sandstar...talking to him is like talking to a brick wall, it's pointless. :shootself:

482841[/snapback]

Listen up, fuckwad.

The cocksucker was hauling ass 4 feet off the side of a goddamn busy highway for a couple miles. I don't give a shit who owns the property, when you pull stupid shit like that it gives the rest of us a bad rep. PEOPLE DON"T LIKE THAT TYPE OF SHIT. IT PISSES THEM OFF. THEY AGREE TO SIGN PETITIONS. THEY MAKE LITTLE WEBSITES COMPLANING ABOUT ATVs. THEY GET RIDING AREAS CLOSED, BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD BAD VISIONS OF SOME ASSHOLE CUTTING THROUGH THEIR PROPERTY OR HAULING ASS DOWN A SOFT SHOULDER.

You don't know shit about me or what I have, so don't try to put me down with some lame ass ad hominem attack.

Anti ATV types don't need to worry about figuring out some way to take our quads away. Jackoffs like you that have such a fuckit attitude make their point better than they ever could.

"The cocksucker was hauling ass 4 feet off the side of a goddamn busy highway for a couple miles. I don't give a shit who owns the property, when you pull stupid shit like that it gives the rest of us a bad rep. PEOPLE DON"T LIKE THAT TYPE OF SHIT. IT PISSES THEM OFF. THEY AGREE TO SIGN PETITIONS. THEY MAKE LITTLE WEBSITES COMPLANING ABOUT ATVs. THEY GET RIDING AREAS CLOSED, BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD BAD VISIONS OF SOME ASSHOLE CUTTING THROUGH THEIR PROPERTY OR HAULING ASS DOWN A SOFT SHOULDER.

You don't know shit about me or what I have, so don't try to put me down with some lame ass ad hominem attack.

Anti ATV types don't need to worry about figuring out some way to take our quads away. Jackoffs like you that have such a fuckit attitude make their point better than they ever could."

You obviously can't fucking read can you? You don't give a shit who owns the property, but then you say that I have a fuckit attitude :flush: . You need to pull your head out of your ass and make some fucking sense. People like you who put their foot in their mouth every time they talk give us a bad rep. I don't know shit about you but I can already tell that you are either confused or just stupid. All I asked was for you to not stereotype every ATV rider and that was too much. As far as me making some ad hominem attack, grow the fuck up and remember what you type each time so you don't keep making contradicting statements. I don't agree with riding on other peoples property if you read my posts. But if its my property I will ride on it every fucking chance I get and then some. I WILL NOT let some dumbass like you tell me otherwise either. :shootself:

Edited by Too Many Toys

I have to agree with sandstar. The same thing is happening over here. Theres a public riding spot next to where I live (you can literally ride from your house to get there.) But instead of going there everybody chooses to haul ass over a stretch of land that's unsold commercial property, and worse off they'll even do it at 5 in the fucking morning! Even after having cops nearly killing themselves from chasing them on their cruisers over the dirt and having people complain to them, assholes will still haul ass out here. I love this sport and most of the people that are in it. But after going through shit like this you really cant blame people wanting to put a stop to it.

482172[/snapback]

You crack me up :D

I have to agree with sandstar. The same thing is happening over here. Theres a public riding spot next to where I live (you can literally ride from your house to get there.)  But instead of going there everybody chooses to haul ass over a stretch of land that's unsold commercial property, and worse off they'll even do it at 5 in the fucking morning! Even after having cops nearly killing themselves from chasing them on their cruisers over the dirt and having people complain to them, assholes will still haul ass out here. I love this sport and most of the people that are in it. But after going through shit like this you really cant blame people wanting to put a stop to it.

You crack me up :D

483266[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with you. But should you be in the same category as those jackasses? Thats my point. I am not sticking up for anyone that drives on other peoples property at all. If you do it where I live they will nail your ass and rightfully so. The cops have enduro motorcycles and SUV's. If they catch you they will impound your ATV and fine the hell out of you. It keeps those type of idiots off other poeples land and keeps everyone happy. Maybe instead of bitching about it on here he should do something about it with the local authorities. These people obviously have to ride their bikes home. Why not be waiting for them with a sheriff? I think its just easier to type your frustration thatn to actually deal with it.

Cops are not the answer. I see plenty of cops at legal riding areas like Glamis, but I never see one around when I need one.

Good riders should not be in the same catagory as jackasses, but to the rest of the non-riding public, riders are riders. If they see abuse, they just shut off the riding areas, which really only leads to more abuse.

Cali is trying to halt riding on private property less than 10 or so acres. And even if you have 20 acres, you will need to have dust supression. They can and will do it.

Az DEQ is implementing VERY stringent dust control rules, along with tripling the number of enforcement officers. They fine the rider. They fine the property owner. This is their way of dealing with us, all because of bad seed in our riding midst.

TMT, you may be a very politically correct person. I'm sure you never stereotype.

But you and others of the same mindset better understand this.......

We have, as riders, already been stereotyped. Government wants us gone. Enviros want us gone. Landowners want us gone. And after what I have been through in the last few weeks, I really can't blame them.