So you like to ride huh? To BAD!

enFORCER

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!! It sounds like these people built their homes in the middle of Glamis banghead and expect people not to ride around them. I think they need a hobby :confused:. I am sure there are the few riders that are careless. Thats the goup screwing it up for therest of us.

Edited by Too Many Toys

If people would quit doing stupid stuff like riding illegally on private property this would be a lot easier battle. Good thing the ATV numbers game is going in the right direction.

479795[/snapback]

I agree. Sucks there are allot of people who don't have any respect for the land or others. For example there have been allot of talks about people wanting to close Walden(closest dunes to me) because all the morons that littler all over or get drunk as hell do stupid crap. People need to realize if you abuse where your riding it just gives these people ammo to shut down your places to ride. banghead

RIPPEN

A couple of thoughts:

1. I only see *ONE* name behind all of this - Eric Hamburg. He *may* be the Eric Norman Hamburg registered with the California State Bar.

2. See him and read his favorite recipes here.

3. Being a responsible courteous ATV rider and an active voter is the best way to beat these folks.

-Bill

how about we sign up to there site and give them a riders point of veiw???

i dont mean bad mouth them, just tell them what you think.

479792[/snapback]

First of all, I do not see a "them". I only see a "him". One man possibly on a political rant to make a name for himself after a probably failed legal career.

Second he clearly plans to suppress any and all opinions not his own. You must agree with their mission statement in order to be a member. All that first ammendment stuff the liberals typically bang around is forgotten here.

"....Finally, your participation here presupposes that you are in line with the Mission Statement for Community ORV Watch, spelled out below"

Well these people want to put an end to all pubic riding areas.

And they will use any and all reasons like environment, pollution, noise, ect!!!!

Click here

479771[/snapback]

An end to all PUBIC riding areas!!! I agree that pubic riding should only be done between consenting adults and should only be done in privacy imo, but an end to ALL pubic riding is outrageous.

enFORCER and I tear up the same turf. Do your part enFORCER and get some silencers on that obnoxious beast. ;):cheers:

Exactly!! It sounds like these people built their homes in the middle of Glamis banghead and expect people not to ride around them. I think they need a hobby :confused:. I am sure there are the few riders that are careless. Thats the goup screwing it up for therest of us.

479799[/snapback]

ya thats what it seems like there trying to do we have the same kind of people around here (NS, Canada) and there were a few laws passed easlier this year that a bunch of city people made for a bunch of country folks ... now thats not fair them ppl that made that decision were probley never out of the city or allowed when they were younger to be involved in a recreational sport such as ATV'ing ... OBVIOUSLY they don't have any perspective on the sport and i'm not saying that all riders r law abiding & yes there are ppl out there just wanting to ruin it for others but how come they can be punished seperatly ? :shrugani:

Did anybody actually read their discussions? Apparently not. So lemme summarize:

-Group is mostly made up of home owners in SoCal.

-Said homes are on the edge of the desert, but not a designated riding area.

-Many OHV users haul ass thru the neighborhood and into the dirt behind the houses

-There are several legal riding areas a short distance away.

Sorry guys, but I have to agree w/ most of what's being said over there. There's a few nutjobs but most of em just don't wanna listen to a bunch of 4 strokes w/ race exhausts riding back n' forth 100 yards from their bedroom window all day/night. I guess recently some guy went out there to tell a rider that he was on private property and the guy tried to run him over. Cops are involved and are looking for the rider. I haven't seen anything suggested about closing down legal riding areas.

Did anybody actually read their discussions?  Apparently not.  So lemme summarize:

479968[/snapback]

Well, I think I read everything on there and then went one step further and found his name, etc. Maybe you did not read what I wrote... :confused:

Excerpt from their Mission Statement:

"ORV lawlessness is causing widespread and frequently permanent damage to private property and our public lands."

WallRat: Aren't "legal riding areas" sometimes found on "our public lands"?

:shrugani: