Fords new concepts??

wuts ur favorite?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FastthnU:

New does not necessarily equal faster. There have been periods of time in the automotive world where performance has decreased for newer models. Take the mid seventies for example, performance dropped substatially when the emissions regs were put in place. But once the automakers found ways to meet the emissions standards the performance did increase. Cars that start out headed in a sporty direction can become blvd cruisers because of their popularity. Thunderbirds have evolved through this and headed back towards their roots. There are plenty of examples out there. So a blanket statement that newer equals faster is not always true.

Rollin:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Wheatchex

aight rollin u should shut the hell up cuz the new lightning is the uglyest thing ive ever seen! and my dad is a mechanic and he owns his own shop, its called martys garage inc. yea the new lightning is faster but its still fuckin gross lookin! and then old one looks way kewler! l8r

fasthnu... what are you like 12??? You're probly still in elementary school, im sure you have an english class... so why don't you put it into your spelling... and anyone that says "Newer = Faster" should be shot! Seriously are you dumb??? That is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard... Your just like some of the kids in my auto class that thinks they know everything about cars, and they cant even change the oil filter if their life depended on it.. im sick of hearing "ohh my 68' camaro, and im going to put a 454 in it" from all those fuc*ing posers... they wouldnt even know how to drop a trans in that car....

in most cases newer equals slower... i donno if you have been paying attention to the new cars that have been on the production lines lately... but i couls take a 2000 SS and about 3 weeks totally transform it to run low 9's maybe mid 8's on the stock blocks...

just my $.02 please learn something other than honda civic on 17 inch rims, a chrome exhaust and some neon lights before you say you know anything about cars... really, this new generation of kids these days really need to learn how to survive on their own, maybe they will grow up eventually.. but man, i hate it when all of this happens with kids.. its so pathetic...

dude yami i know alot bout cars and i hate honda civics, in most cases newer does equal slightly faster and i was writing that while talkin wit my dad about the new concepts, im not sayin i know everything about cars but i do know how to change the oil filter and no im not in elementary. im in high school aight so dont just judge every1 just by the way they r talkin. not every kid is as dumb as u think. i was brought up around cars and quads. we have a total of 8 cars and 3 of them i have helped my dad rebuild and have worked on the rest. i do all the work on my shee and blaster with a little help when i get a little confused. i also worked on my friend matts M5 when it broke down on the side of the rode. we got it up and runnin in 10 minutes. l8r

i know what your talking about yami but you cant diss everybody. im 22 now but ive had pretty fast cars since high school. ive built 5-6 cars since i was 14, my good buddy right now he finished 12th in the nation for high school mechanics, 1st in michigan, he has a pretty fast car also his runs high 11s on motor high 10s on spray and he built it himself. but like the one person said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. newer doesnt mean faster there are plenty of examples. i personally dont like the looks or either one, the lightning or the stang but they will grow on me. its nothing to get into a big argument about....

yea i do admit that the new lightning is beging to go on me but i would still rather have the old lightning wit the newer ones engine. and im still looking for an older lighting body cuz those r the ones i like and those r the cheaper ones cuz i wanna put shit on it and my dad is gonna paint it for me. aight l8r

Sorry man but newer does = faster in most cases, You had to have a special car back in the 60's and 70's that would run lower then mid 14s, Now freaking family cars are running 15's and even 14's! Then go to a sports car and they are in the low 14's all the way to 12s! And if your car in the 60's was running 13's or 12's you were getting shit for MPG and it would not have been a good daily driver in most cases. You can argue all you want with me, I don't care, and don't think I hate older cars because this is my other vehicle....

113040_67_full.jpg

I think in the 60's we saw some nice performance, and it died out in the late 70's and is really starting to come back again. 90's-00's

yeah, not saying your one of these kids, but it is just upsetting to see kids that act like that.. i mean some of them come up with the most rediculus things i have ever heard in my life.. its hularious... im sure everyone on HQ has encountered millions of these people, im just saying it kind of upsetting when something happens like i stated before...

and about the sedans doing 15's.. i know it's crazy now a days.. but, i mean should they really be considered sedans? i mean they are more or less sport sedans, with performance on the designers mind when he is planning these new cars out.. i mean im not a fan of these cars really, but i guess its because ill be gettin a Z28 next fall.. :lol: