oil change

Kayleigh

i have a HONDA 400EX ....... was riding it today when it just shut off. when i tried to start it up it wouldn't stay on and once it did, when i rode it in 1st gear, it made popping noises and wouldnt run properly.

checked the oil and it needs changing...

could this be what's wrong??

the only reason i ask is its not gonna be changed for a while and i wanted to know if thats all i have to worry about.

:shrugani::cry:

i have a HONDA 400EX ....... was riding it today when it just shut off. when i tried to start it up it wouldn't stay on and once it did, when i rode it in 1st gear, it made popping noises and wouldnt run properly.

the only reason i ask is its not gonna be changed for a while and i wanted to know if thats all i have to worry about.

:shrugani:  :cry:

469273[/snapback]

Try lightly tapping on your CDI box and see if it clears up any. I know it sounds stupid but this happend to my uncle's 4wheeler this past weekend. He's got a short short in his CDI box. May not be ur situation but worth a look. :shrugani:

my quad doesnt really "pop" like its backfiring.....it just sorta "chugs and puffs along"....if that makes any sense.

OKAY THE DEAL WITH THE 450 AND 400 THING....

i posted that i got a 450 because thats wat my dad had told me over the phone. in all actuality---it was a 400ex. felt pretty stupid since i had posted that i had a 450, but figured it wouldnt really matter if i "edited" it or not. so there ya go. i have a honda 400ex.

thanks again for understanding that i'm still a rookie :D maybe i need an oil change...

Will it rev up when in neutral? Or does it just bog down when in gear, with a load on it? :confused: If it wont rev out, while in neutral it may be a fuel or electrical problem. Like I said in my earlier post, that happened to my uncle's wheeler. It wouldnt rev out, tapped on the cdi and it came to life.

I dont know what kind of little dummy sensors the hondas have on them. May be a rev limiter or some such shit on it givin you troubles.

Edited by Hilarious

:shrugani:  :cry:

469273[/snapback]

If you have an aftermarket cdi it won't stay running well (or at least mine doesn't) and cuts out and lightly pops at low RPM's. Was the popping something in the transmission or was the motor popping as you revved it?

i looked at her bike a little today and the float was stuck didnt really wrench on it just tried tapping the carb to get it unstuck when it starts u have to give it alot of thrott. and at wot it runs barelly probly the float maybe elec. prob also :shrugani: