works or yfz's

Dcuzz23

I have a set of works triple rates with rezzies. paid 100$ for em but am not sure on the valving in them. i was gonna send em to works and get them re valved and all that good stuff but ive been reading all this ranting about the yfz shock. works is gonna run me at least 150$ a shock to revalve and rebuild. what would yall do? rebuild the works or buy some fresh yfz's. i really like the fact that the yfz shock is longer and gives the bike a lil mor clearance. lemme know guys, could sell em and use the money on other m :shrugani: ods.

Rebuild the works, that way it's set up the way you want. If you buy YFZ's you'll end up revalving them anyways.

It would be a waste of money to buy a set of shocks when you already have a better kind! ;)

Have you run the WORKS shocks? If so, is there something they are doing that you don't like?

Works shocks are a different system than anything else out there. If you send them back to Works, no matter what they do to them they will still be a Works shock. But, you are into them at a good price and if possible us them.

Here is what we can do for your shocks. We change out everything on the inside of the shock (new valve, valving) and install the correct springs for you. When we are done your shocks will be as good as any aftermarket shock you can buy. The cost for this service is $450.

Shane

I picked up some YFZ shocks really cheap and put them on. HUGE improvement over stock but they were not made for a Banshee. I would stick with the Works unless you can pick up a cheap set of the YFZs. Even then I'd try them both and sell the one you don't like.

The YFZ shock i put on my banshee REALLY helped improve handling 150% ! i snpaed a stock front shock off my 40' gap & said fuck that haha i'm just gona snap another stocker if i put one back on so i went out & got yfz's they are MUCH more stronger & have all the adjustments ! i'm impressed ! little modifaction required but no biggie, as long as u know how to us a grinder

The yfz shock is going to ruin your ball joints. The shock is too long. Most people think the yfz shock is the best because they have never used any other shock. Funny how anybody with a 450 cant wait to ditch the stock shock. Look below for shane's # You wont have any problems with him.

Edited by squish