? bout maintence

that all depends on how you ride, how much you ride, and how good you take care of it.

I do a top end on mine about every 3~4 years. and just the normal chain, grips, ect. that goes along any bike.

IMO a HELL of a lot cheaper then a 4 stroke. Plus 2 stroke motors are easy as hell to work on so you can do all the work to save money

:cheers:

Just do some browsing around in here at maint. ?'s and answers. Search some specific questions you might have or can think of, you will come up w/enough reading to keep you busy for a long time. They are a little more prone to maint., but all can easily be done yourself, and parts are cheaper and very readily available.

if its a new bike dont worry about mantence i have an 04, and have yet to have any problems what so ever. i still have the factory plugs in her. but i dont know anyone with older banshees so i dont know about any problems ill have further down the road if any.

just take care of it and you should be fine

2-stroke:

Change the oil every 4-5 rides

lube chain (unless on sand)

grips

grease bike suspension every 3-4 rides

clean airfilter every other ride

wash whenever you feel like it

rebuild for around $130 every 3 years

oh yea mix the gas

4-stroke:

change motor AND transmission oil every 4-5 rides

lube chain

grips

grease suspension every 3-4 rides

wash after every ride cause you don't want your $7000 toy dirty

have valves checked every 5 rides

replace valves about every 15 rides

rebuild every other ride cause you were trying to keep up with tha banshees....OHHHHH :unsure: JK

rebuild about every 5 years for about $600 depending on what you screwed up when the piston sharded, or the timing chain broke, or the crank went kaboom.

I would go with the banshee/other 2 stroke if it was just for "maintenance" reasons. :headbang:

I've rebuilt quite a few 2 strokes from the ground up. Having done the shee before, I could do it again in a weekend no problem. I rebuilt 1 4 stroke...man did that suck! Makes you wish your parents had never met. I mean its do-able. On a 2 stroke rebuild you'll keep thinking, "there's gotta be more to it than this", on a 4 stroke rebuild you think, "holy shit there's more??"

2-stroke:

Change the oil every 4-5 rides

lube chain (unless on sand)

grips

grease bike suspension every 3-4 rides

wash whenever you feel like it

rebuild for around $130 every 3 years

oh yea mix the gas

4-stroke:

change motor AND transmission oil every 4-5 rides

lube chain

grips

grease suspension every 3-4 rides

wash after every ride cause you don't want your $7000 toy dirty

have valves checked every 5 rides

replace valves about every 15 rides

rebuild every other ride cause you were trying to keep up with tha banshees....OHHHHH :unsure: JK

rebuild about every 5 years for about $600 depending on what you screwed up when the piston sharded, or the timing chain broke, or the crank went kaboom.

I would go with the banshee/other 2 stroke if it was just for "maintenance" reasons. :headbang:

460363[/snapback]

Yea don't forget oil filters, and youd only be spending around 600$ (cheap for a 4 joke) if you didn't hurt any fancy titanium valves or ruin the cyl.head or score the cam journals, or break a cam or chain.

Plain and simple 4 strokes need just as much maintence and have more to go wrong and it costs WAAAAYYYYY more to do!! especially the air cooled ones :yank:

I've rebuilt quite a few 2 strokes from the ground up.  Having done the shee before, I could do it again in a weekend no problem.  I rebuilt 1 4 stroke...man did that suck!  Makes you wish your parents had never met.  I mean its do-able.  On a 2 stroke rebuild you'll keep thinking, "there's gotta be more to it than this", on a 4 stroke rebuild you think, "holy shit there's more??"

460454[/snapback]

ha, aint that the truth. ive rebuilt a lot of 4-jokes, then did a 2-stroke and went "holy shit, im done in 3x less the amount of time"

just like everyone has said in the past, "u take care of it and it'll take care of u" :cheers:

I've rebuilt quite a few 2 strokes from the ground up.  Having done the shee before, I could do it again in a weekend no problem.  I rebuilt 1 4 stroke...man did that suck!  Makes you wish your parents had never met.  I mean its do-able.  On a 2 stroke rebuild you'll keep thinking, "there's gotta be more to it than this", on a 4 stroke rebuild you think, "holy shit there's more??"

460454[/snapback]

A weekend? The first time (and only so far) I rebuilt mine it took about 3 hours to tear down, and once I got the parts back, it was about 4 hours to put it all back together. Don't start too late, and it won't take more than a day.