glenn helen, CA

tithead

im going on a small tour this year. i have family in orange county, CA and was wondering if anyone is near glen helen?

i dont know if they let quads on the track for practice (about to email them) or whatever but i thought if they did it would be hella cool to some meet of you lot there, if your near there. i dont have a clue where GH is from OC but i would deffo make the trip down if it was ok.

maybe this is the wrong forum to put this post in but what the hell!

tithead

Glen Hellen is bad ass i dunno if its open this time of year or if they let qauds in its not that far from OC pobly a 2 1/2 hr drive maybe 3

i got a reply from the email i sent....

We do allow quads on our track-That time of the year we do close for the

first week of September to get ready for our AMA nationals.  So the

first two weeks of September we do not have practice.

Our normal practice days are Thurs. 8am-dusk and most Saturday 8am-2pm-

Cost will be $20 per Bike

Thank you

Lori Bryant

Glen Helen Raceway

LETS ROLL!!!!! :dance::clap::dance::cheers:

im deffinatly going to try and make a point to get out there when im in the US.

first fisit looks like near enough the end of summerm (prolly end of august, begining of september. :( was hoping to come out and get some good weather.

June-ish is the only month that really sucks around here. We get maybe 5 days outta the whole month that'll have partial sun. Other than that, almost everyday in the May-Oct range is sunny. Temps peak in August and it's still hot well into Oct. From Oct-May its kinda hit or miss, but on average I'd say half the days are sunshine. For example, right now its sunny and 73*F.

Edited by Wallrat

Hehe...better ask the mum again cuz Hollywood is about 40 miles north of Orange County.

458783[/snapback]

ha! thanks for that.... she said something last night that was totaly wrong. i said that "you should be a blonde... either that or your turning looney like grandma!"

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to, let me know when you are out here. I live just above Glen Helen and have ridden there for years, but only on my CR 250. That track get killer ruts that throw a quad around. I also work at Warner Brothers so if you want to spend a few hours, I can get you in and show you around the lot and get you on some stages if you want. Let me know....

I was out there a few years ago and Jeff Emig was out there... I stopped and took a few pics of him. I remember in the background of one of them, a dude on a DS 650 was on the track. I only remember that because they took him off on a streatcher. He wadded it up at the end of the back straight. let me see if I can find it...