Over size gas tank

Hey i was just wondering what u guys think about the aftermarket oversized gas tanks... i do mostly trail riding and i was thinkin about getting one. but i think i gotta cut my plastics to install it and all that so i was just wondering if they are worth it. does anyone have one of these tanks?? also they aint as cheap as i thought theyd be so i dunno what im gonna do....

Clarke makes a slightly better looking one than the IMS (LINK)

If you ride with a bunch of 4 strokes or are going long distances for exploring or something then its definately an option. If you just wanna get one cuz you don't wanna fill up everytime you get back to camp then I dunno that I'd recomend it. They're pretty bulky and some have clearance issues with certain handlebars and steering stems. Aside from that, that's alot of extra weight to be hauling around which is going to affect your dragging, jumping, and handling.

I've been on trail rides that there was no way I would have made it without my 5 gal tank. I'm not gonna carry it on me, and I've seen too many guys damage thier rear sub-frame carrying fuel on the back. Yea, it's ugly, but I don't have to make a lame excuse that I have to go back to get more fuel.

I get about 60 miles with 28pwks and ported according to GPS-only fill-up in the morning and ride to anywhere -have supplied other 2-strokes with fuel on the way home a FEW times-wont leave home without it-put one on both my banshees-if you have alot of riding room-----its a must have

I'd say it depends on the type of ridding your going to be doing ? we do alot of long trails so it has been a must for me , however if you got any guy's that ride utility's just buy a flat gas tank and let your budy carry it! i recently took mine off due to the clearence .