Sprocket questions?

Hey guys,

I have a couple simple questions for the banshee guru's!!!

What is the stock sprocket teeth count on my 03 shee?

What set-up would be better for bottom end?

What set-up would be good for better top end?

Also, which ones will I have to change my chain as well with as well?

Thx

stock is 14 front 41 rear

drop teeth in front or add to the rear to have more "bottom end" but then you have to shift more.

do the opposite for more top speed

changing 1 tooth up front is about equal to 2 in the rear

I use 13-41 for sand and 15-41 for trails and yes had two chains.

:cheers:

Like aguita said. RMATV has great deals on sprockets. If you go steel you won't pay more than about $15 for a front or a rear. On the length of chain question... You have to remember that when you add a tooth to a sprocket, you , in a sense, have to lengthen the chain by the pitch to mantain the same chain tension. This is where your carrier adjustment comes in to play. You only have so much adjustment to use, usually around .750 or so. You might have to mix and match to get exactly what you are after. For instance if you go up 3 or 4 teeth in the rear, you might be better off going down 1 in the front instead, and vice versa.

what good would 15 - 42 do just wondering. i got 15 on askadent insted of 14 banghead

454858[/snapback]

14 would have been the stock front sprocket, so it sounds like you bought one larger in the front and in the back. Like gargamel said, this may be better for more open terrain (I now realize most of the "trails" you guys mention are not like the steep mountain trails I think of here in Oregon), but you probably won't like it nearly as much if you are riding tighter terrain, or in the sand. This is because you have "taller" gearing, which gives the engine less mechanical advantage, as compared to "lower" gearing. Ie. the bike will be better for top speeds, but will be slower out of the hole. :bolt: