cheetah 421 or t-rex

shee4202

I'm thinking of going with an aftermarket cylinder with powervalves, but i'm not sure which one to go with. I talked with trinity and they said that the 421 kit will push out 115hp on race fuel and you have to use race fuel. Thats with a 4mm crank. I dont really know any thing about the t-rex kit except they use cylinder sleeves. Does anybody have either of these kits and if so how is it. what is a better kit to buy

You may wanna talk to someone other than Trinity. I've personally never heard of anyone getting 115 hp out of a 4mil motor on gas. I think they may be juicing the numbers a little bit.

Personally, I would go with the Cheetah cyls due to the fact that they are newer technology and its easier to get big power out of them than the T-Rex. They will both run awesome in the hands of the right builder but the T-Rex will require more work.

Go do some research over at Planet Sand, theres more information over there on builders and engine setups than you can shake a stick at.

• 3 weeks later...

115 hp out of a 4mm cub sounds pretty high. The T-rexx is a great cylinder. They just haven't been promoted as much as the cub, Calvin does a great job advertising to builders. I don't think the 4mm cub has powervalves though, or any of the cubs for that matter. Call Kim at K&T if you want a T-Rexx. www.ktperformance.com He is building me a 10mm right now and has been awesome to work with.

id get a cheetah ,the trex requires a ton of port work to extract the power thats equal to the cheetah engines with just a clean up port . might as well have a badass motor right fro m the start especially when the cost of these is so high . :bolt: