burned both pistons

fabricated

what ever you do don't race gas with pump gas I knew a chemist through my machine shop that I use for my car he told me that when you mix the two together you end up with a lower octane level that will be more prone to detanation and that is defanatly what you don't want I know there are some of you that think that I am full of shit for saying this but if you want to save your motor don't go cheap just spend the extra $10 and not have to think twice about it Just my $0.2 .

446469[/snapback]

No

Yes thats true.

mix 104 with 93 and it wont be 104 anymore.

Personally go straight race gas if you need to mix. Also Jims right on about squish clearences. I run 170psi in my cubs and have ran it on straight premium without any damage or detonation. Impossible just ask anyone. But I did.

Upped the timing to +5 and just run straight race as a precaution.

~12 hours so far not a single problem.

Whoever your going with make sure they know what you want on your domes. Wether your going to do all low end mods, more mid or all top so (if knowledgable) they can cut them to the correct clearences.

you take expensive chances ?if your gonna mod a banshee and put lots of money and time into ,then dont skimp on something like fuel ,get actual race gas or if your broke as mc hammer get yourself 100ll aviation fuel . a banshee only holds 3 gallons of fuel ,dont step over a $50bill to pick up a 5$bill <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I bought a set of new wiseco pro lites and put the head on with the old head gasket to check my squish clearance. I inserted some thin solder through the spark plug hole and it measured .035'' clearance. According to everyone I have talked to I am safe with squish clearance but I know my compression will be higher than 160 when I measure it. Anyway, I am going to leave the 30 pilots and needle clip on the fourth location of the dynojet needles but try some 360 mains on straight c12 next trip. I will find it hard to believe that I will run into any problems considering the 340s last trip read rich all weekend. I just know it smart to step up at least one size if I am going to run straight c12 now from pump gas before.

Scary! I have basicly the exact same setup as you... .035 shaved head, 92 octane fuel ported cylinders & real close on jet size. I just reassembled my engine from a "freshen up" & after reading this I think I will move my adj. stator I just got off ebay back to 0' from +4' before I even start it up for the first time. :(