Whats better dunes? In UTAH?

docbones

I prefer to drive the other way and go to st anthony but coral pink and sand hollow are a lot of fun

440516[/snapback]

Go the extra mileage to St. Anthony's its awesome. Steepest dunes in North America and some of the best terrain available. :cheers:

Go the extra mileage to St. Anthony's its awesome. Steepest dunes in North America and some of the best terrain available. :cheers:

440520[/snapback]

I'll agree to that. Especially mid may and june when little sahara is getting hot. Although I LOVE the 4th of july at sand mountain.

Typically we'll go to St A just because its about 10-15 degrees cooler or more in some cases.

• 1 month later...
where is the little sahara located? new to the sand riding input would be great.

hair

452489[/snapback]

Little Sahara or "Sand Mountain" as some of us call it is right outside of Delta Utah.

Just off of Highway 6 south. You can get there through SantaQuin, Tooele, or Nephi.

Its about 160 miles from Layton, so it isn't too bad. If you go through Tooele you'll be on a 2 lane highway for most of the trip if you like secluded driving. You pass right by the Army Depot where they burn old VX!

Down I-15 is quick, and its a fuckin hassle through the north interchange and the south interchange (I-215) but after that it isn't bad until you get to about Provo. If its anywhere near quitting time on a friday, Tooele is the way to go. But if you need to get some shit on your way, Rocky Mountain ATV is in Payson just outside of Provo, right off of the freeway too.

I only went down Highway 6 once through SQ, and its uphill for a ways. Not too bad of a ride, but I prefer going through Nephi. Theres some mountain you have to go through but the ride isn't bad, and the road stops right across the street from the entrance to the park.

Never seen a train on the tracks right there, but you never know.

I've been to coral pink, Little Sahara and St. Anthony. St. Anthony is BY FAR the best dunes around, but I like little sahara best in utah. It has the most varied terrain compared to the other two. Depending on where you live its quite a bit easier to drive to Little Sahara compared to Coral Pink. I often drive down from my place, and go for a 1/2 day trip. Its really convenient.

Ya know, ive lived in Utah my entire life, and ive never even herd of coral pink or sand hollow. And all i do is ride sand! What a dumn ass!!!

Could someone tell me about how far it is to either from west jordan.

I go to little sahara ALL THE TIME and I love it!!!!

Hopefully ill go to St. A's one of these days.

SLC 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang::headbang:

Ya know, ive lived in Utah my entire life, and ive never even herd of coral pink or sand hollow. And all i do is ride sand! What a dumn ass!!!

Could someone tell me about how far it is to either from west jordan.

I go to little sahara ALL THE TIME and I love it!!!!

Hopefully ill go to St. A's one of these days.

SLC 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:  :headbang:

453637[/snapback]

Hopefully the mayor of SLC won't be there for life.

Coral Pink is down in Kanab. You got to damn near drive to Lake Powell I'm thinking. Down in that area.