So many arms but which to buy?

01CandyBlue

Well my front arms have been bent to hell and my shocks are binding so I want to buy arms and shocks but I don't know what to get, do all dune riding and like to jump and want to get better and higher but also run up the mt for fun when im bored. I'm already plus two in the rear so im thinking move the fronts out 2 and maybe up one, I see wicked products, asr, lonestar, laeger, sanddragon but you read their quality statements and they dont tell me much, want to spend 700-1000 bucks for arms and shocks can anyone give me any suggestions? Are works decent or do you need to fork out for elkas? I weigh like 210 and am thinking just a dual rate, and what should I do about a blown rear, have it built, or replace it?

Thanks for any suggestions, I just dont want to buy and regret...

You're right there are tons of choices out there. I'll try to narrow it down some based on what I know.

For A-arms Quicksand is insanely popular on this board. Gary makes a top-notch product and is an HQ member so he's a pretty good bet. Only drawback is it seems that he's been very busy lately so your arms might take awhile. SandDragon is also a member but I've never seen any of his stuff so I couldn't tell ya. For myself, I'm going with Custom Creations. Justintoxicated has a thread about "some new mods" or something over in the images section if you wanna see em. DUNEDEMON also runs those arms. The reinforced heims on those things are bulletproof! CC is a small shop located in SoCal but they turn out a beautiful product at a very good price. Might wanna look em up.

For shocks my personal favorite for the money is TCS. Elkas are good as well but I'd still prefer TCS. I think TCS will rebuild your rear for $450 and make it tons better, and new fronts run $850 or so. With that setup you'll just float over everything! I haven't had the chance to try out the newer works shocks but I've heard they're pretty good. The old ones were better than stock, but not much. You've also got Axis and a few other companies that make awesome shocks, but are priced accordingly.

I can't really comment on the shocks I haven't ridden with, but I use to have Works triple rates and I now have TCS(scs) dual rates w/Quicksand arms. Gary @ Quicksand backs EVERYTHING he sells up 100%. I haven't done business with a nicer guy, yet. I've beaten the SHIT out of my front end, and they're exactly the same as the day I bought 'em. When I first bought the works shocks, I thought they were amazing, really soft ride, and they were harder to bottom out than the stockers. But when I went from the works to what I have now, theres absolutely no comparision. I have a hell of a time trying to bottom these shocks out. My front end set up cost me a little under $1,500. For me, I actually lost money in the whole process because I should have bought TCS's and a-arms in the first place. Just make sure you go with the best you can buy, because the Banshee really needs better suspension. As for the rear shock, rebuild it. Save the extra money you would spend on an aftermarket shock, and put it towards the front end. I've got a rebuilt stocker by TCS, and it's a hell of a difference over the stock set up.

A-arms

Quicksand or

Custom Creations

Depends how much adjusting you want to do.

I wanted to bolt them up and ride and liked the Heim design so I went with custom creations.

Gary (quicksand) also builds top notch stuff and uses decent heims also!

Shocks I was torn between TCS and Elka, ended up springing for elka elites, I plan to keep my banshee for a long time though. TCS has better valving, but Elka makes an excelent shock body and has more adjustability, both are very important.

Other good shocks would be custom axis or ohlins if you have the money. I would take either one of these for sure. TCS are supposed to be similar to Ohlins, but I think Ohlins has some extra adjustability. I also heard the new fox air shocks are pretty good if youw ant to try something different!

just rebuild your rear much better than stock!

Everyone has their own opinions though, if you ride alot of dirt ball joints might be a better option then heims.

Alba has a deal for Pro-Comp Arms Brake lines and A-arms, might check it out.

Otherwise your best bet is going to be the fox air shocks for that price and some cheaper A-arms for they much. But I doubt you can get decent shocks for front and rear for that much, let alone a decent set of A-arms.

Edited by Justintoxicated

As everyone else has said already Elka's or TCS are great... but if your budget is $700 - $1000 then you would spend most, if not all of that on the shocks alone. I say get a set of 450 shocks for now and then some good A-arms. Both Quicksand and Sanddragon make a-arms to fit 450 shocks. You can always upgrade the shocks later when the bank account allows. The 450 shocks aren't as good as the custom shocks but they are a huge improvement over stock Banshee shocks.

Hey 01 candy blue,

Sorry we dont have enough info on our website, it is def a work in progress.

with regard to our MX arms. here is some info. and let me know if you need more, I have catalogs in both print and PDF format i can send you.

-.096 wall 4130 chromoly

-kevlar/teflon lined hiems. (not the cheap ones that wear out)

-chromoly tie rods

-urethane bushings

-your choice of powdercoated color

-lifetime warranty on all welded components. (if you break it bend it we will repair/replace it)

-chrome/candy powdercoating also available.

retail 649.99 but we do offer discounts to bansheehq members when ordering.

Let me know if you have any questions. O ya one last thing, we have right now 20 sets of banshee a arms in stock, and over 200 swing arms.

Thats why this site is so great, tons of good info guys thanks a ton, I saw those custom creation arms in the images section and they look to be gusseted and strong and of course trick looking, I think i found there website but it is pretty un-informative, anyone know how much they run or a way to contact them?

440167[/snapback]

Yea, Their website is a disaster, you can give them a call at 909-388-2887