My buddy got his buck!

8buck

Thats a fantastic buck, a true trophy, but I hate to break it to you, it is a long ways from being 3" short of the record. Especially in ID. Maybe 3" short of it making the book. It takes a score of 180 to make the awards book. Basicaly a honerable mention book. To get into the all time book it takes a score of 190. That is after they have dried 90 days none the less. When I first looked at the pic I guessed it to be in the 170 range. I may be wrong on my guess but I doubt it.

Sorry, not trying to be an ass but I will call BS when I see it.

Thats a fantastic buck, a true trophy,  but I hate to break it to you, it is a long ways from being 3" short of the record.  Especially in ID.  Maybe 3" short of it making the book.  It takes a score of 180 to make the awards book.  Basicaly a honerable mention book.  To get into the all time book it takes a score of 190.  That is after they have dried 90 days none the less.  When I first looked at the pic I guessed it to be in the 170 range.  I may be wrong on my guess but I doubt it.

Sorry, not trying to be an ass but I will call BS when I see it.

437646[/snapback]

You're right, I talked to him after I read your post and I guess I misunderstood him. :shootself: It was 177" total, also, he said it is 180 day dry time :shrugani: . Anyway, I corrected my wording in the first post.

Right on, it takes a man to admit he messed up. Your alright in my book. Hey you might want to let your friend know he is wrong on the 180 day thing. It is 60 days. Here is the excerpt right off of the B&C website:

Official measurements cannot be taken until the antlers, horns, skulls or tusks have air dried at normal room temperature for least 60 days after the animal was killed. If the trophy has been frozen prior to cleaning, as is often the case with skulls, the 60-day drying period begins once the cleaning process is complete. The drying process for trophies that have been boiled or freeze-dried starts the day they are removed from the boiling pot or freeze-drier, respectively.

In the case of picked up trophies, the 60-day drying period also applies. If it is clear from the condition of the antlers, horns, skulls or tusks that the trophy has dried for more than 60 days, one does not have to wait another 60 days from when it was found to measure it. However, it is necessary to enter the approximate date the animal died on the line provided for the date of kill on the score chart. Trophy owners may be asked to provide a brief history for