correct me if im wrong........

Polish

I have a 2004 shee.......+4 swinger.........and i rode the stock shock all last season ......but i recently changed to a mod rear spring.....and a revalve kit........and it suxs...........it is adjusted and adjusted and adjusted.......and it still sux........Im a 190 lbs..........and in my opinion the stock setup was plush............I even have works front to ballance out the difference..........in my opinion leave it stock.......my $.02............fu-k precision concepts............a BIG WASTE OF$$$$$$$$$$ :yank:

San Diego ....Glamis dune rider

Edited by Polish

Man that stock rear shocks rebound is soooo sloooooow that the back wheel prolly stay up in the air for a couple seconds after you hit a whoop, specially with a plus 4. You must have got an MX set-up, they will beat you to death in the sand.

I run a +5 swingarm and had my rear shock rebuilt by Shane.... It works awesome. I used the stock shock as-is for a year before getting it rebuilt and it is a huge improvement. Give him a call.... :cheers:

Edited by Ruko

You're wrong. That was me correcting you.

Any shock needs to be setup for your type of riding. If you're cruising around the dunes taking it easy and never hitting anything hard, then you want as soft a shock as possible cuz all you're worried about it rider comfort over small bumps. Since the stock shock felt good to you with a +4, I'm guessing this is the type of riding you do. For myself, I bottom out my stock rear on a stock swinger whenever I pull off a decent jump. I'm over the limits of my stock valving. Small chop is hell, whoops are okay, small-ish jumps are okay, big jumps are brutal.

You're wrong.  That was me correcting you.

Any shock needs to be setup for your type of riding.  If you're cruising around the dunes taking it easy and never hitting anything hard, then you want as soft a shock as possible cuz all you're worried about it rider comfort over small bumps.  Since the stock shock felt good to you with a +4, I'm guessing this is the type of riding you do.  For myself, I bottom out my stock rear on a stock swinger whenever I pull off a decent jump.  I'm over the limits of my stock valving.  Small chop is hell, whoops are okay, small-ish jumps are okay, big jumps are brutal.

436187[/snapback]

damn you sound like a pro..........did you race MT? :notworthy:

Naw man I'm hardly a pro.  I just know enough to be a danger to myself.  Once you get that shock valved for your weight, terrain, and riding style you'll be very happy with it.

436298[/snapback]

im trying ....it sux though.........ever time I turn around im dropping $$$$ like no tomorrow.........in my shee...........but its fast....and the front works awesome...........i was going down China Wall 5th gear.......and the front hit the woops awesome............but the back is way to stiff.............maybe i just need to eat more Carne Asade burritos to make up for the shitty rear spring........

late :cheers:

Have you tried playing with the adjustments at all?

436402[/snapback]

what he said....any shock will ride like crap if it's not adjusted properly.

I found a " how to adjust your shocks " info deal.... I think it was on the Elka website. It was very helpfull... told you what all the adjustments do and how to adjust them to match your riding style.

Edited by Ruko

Those retards at PC should have dialed it in for weight, swing size and terrain.  Did they replace the coil?

My rear was rebuilt by Works.  Feels great in whoops and such.  Bottoms out in the drops though.

You need more chrome on it to make it smooth

436549[/snapback]

replace the coil?.....you saw the spring............. :shootself: