Best Tires for drag

I know that this has been asked before and Im not looking for opinions im looking for expirences. Im looking for a good tire for dirt drags. I have run stock, holeshots, shredders, fast trekkers, and turf tammers. As far as hooking up I think its probably a toss up between the shredders and the tammers(uncut) but not sure.

Stocks -- Suck

Holeshots -- hookup decent wear sucks

Shredders -- hookup good wear good

trekkers -- hookup decent wear not sure

tammers -- hookup good wear good

if i had to rate this i would say 1-2 shredders tammers, then trekkers, then holeshots, then stock

I would like to have some comparisons/experiences with the Knarly's and I-razr or whatever youve tried

From my own personal experience, I've never felt a tire hook harder on dirt than my pro wedge 2's turned backwards. It's unreal how hard they hook! If you are planning to go to a dirt track for dragging, the pro wedge 2's are the way to go. If you're not going to be be strictly drag racing, I wouldn't get them though, I'd probably go with something like what locogato is running. :cheers:

yamaha-banshee-94-bikepics-452492.jpg

true, i have run them both and dirt drags and i found them to hook equally well but shifting with the wedges was harder..maybe because they were taller or who knows..ive run them at hillclimbs (on dirt) and the cut knarlys hooked harder by far..if u go with wedges i would recommend an override...

From my own personal experience, I've never felt a tire hook harder on dirt than my pro wedge 2's turned backwards. It's unreal how hard they hook! If you are planning to go to a dirt track for dragging, the pro wedge 2's are the way to go. If you're not going to be be strictly drag racing, I wouldn't get them though, I'd probably go with something like what locogato is running. :cheers:

yamaha-banshee-94-bikepics-452492.jpg

435457[/snapback]

hey travis your bike looks damn good. i got a question are those stock a-arms that have been chromed?

Edited by trex banshee

true, i have run them both and dirt drags and i found them to hook equally well but shifting with the wedges was harder..maybe because they were taller or who knows..

435465[/snapback]

I've noticed that too, probably is because of the tall tire and the way the tread is...at least, that's my best guess :shrugani:

hey travis your bike looks damn good. i got a question are those stock a-arms that have been chromed?

435468[/snapback]

Thanks man!!! And yes, you are correct :D

thanks for all the reviews guys

I actually was thinking about the pro wedges but was curious to see if anybody would mention them. I also was wandering if anybody had tried the new skat-trak terrain trak for dirt??

I like the idea of the pro-wedges ive heard nothing but good about them.

I also like the idea of having a tire that i can ride anywhere even know i dont ride but pretty much on the dirt or sand but occasionaly i might want to take off down the pavement or gravel road and was wandering if the pro-wedges would hold up.

Keep the experience/suggestions coming

I also like the idea of having a tire that i can ride anywhere even know i dont ride but pretty much on the dirt or sand but occasionaly i might want to take off down the pavement or gravel road and was wandering if the pro-wedges would hold up.

435508[/snapback]

Pavement or gravel would be a bad idea. I think it would eat the pro wedges alive.

travis,

that is what i thought and also how much do rear drag asphalt tires go for i am looking for some. i want to darg both dirt and asphalt next year.

435577[/snapback]

New, they run anywhere from 90-110 per tire. Check out this website http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/521/c//

Mine are 20" American Racer tires, SD-23 compound, part #T-J5TF7 on that link I posted :cheers: