fuel consumption ?

wideopen

hi just did a single carb convertion on my shee , but being in south africa had trouble finding manifolds ect, had a manifold cast and running a single 35pwk with 65 pilots and 165 mains (pilot still to big ordered 60) running on 98 octane at 1750 metres above sea level. but the fuel consumption is awfull getting about 6 kilometers per litre ! is this normal never had such bad consumption running the two 35s !

i use the bike for enduro racing and even with a long range tank , i cant get to the refueling points !!!

damn metric. Let me convert that real quick so we know what you're saying.

Your 5,741 feet above sea level and you're getting 3.7 miles for every .26 gallons. So with some quick math (tank is about 3.5 gallons right?) you're getting almost 52 miles (83.7 kilometers) per tank. Which is about right in my opinion. I know I usually don't get that much. Hell, I can drain the tank in 30 miles if I ride hard enough, and Im still almost stock. Im at sea level though, but I still wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You could always get an IMS tank if you can't live with it like it is now.

Sounds like he already has an IMS or comparable tank, referring to it as a long range tank. Back when I was running stock, it seems to me I went about 38 miles by another guys trip computer and I had to switch to reserve about 1 mile from the truck. So if dawarrior's math is right (I'm too lazy to check right now) then that doesn't sound that bad. Essentially a 5 gal tank would give you 2/3 more capacity (roughly) so at 40 miles on a tank, stock you'd be looking at around 60+ miles, so low 50's on a modded bike doesn't seem bad.

i can go 1 to 1.5 hrs of good hard riding before i need to fill the tank up again.

banshee are not the most fuel effecient vehicles imo

shit nothing is maybe a hyrid wheelchair or something.

thanx for the help guys :) u know this is one of those questions u kinda know the answer to but still hope that u wrong banghead , and there is nothing else that i can do to get the consuption down ? the problem being that fuelstops are on average about 120 kilometres apart !! and as u might guess the more u stop the slower u are !