Trinity CV Single Carb set-up

dnhyoung

I am looking to hear from a few of you felllow HQ members that have the single carb set-up, I am currently running dual pwk 28's. I like the idea and ease of the single carb but, is it really that good. Is there really the bottom end gain that everyone seems to rave about?? Also do you recommend going with the 33 or the 35 mm single carb. I am looking for any input both good and bad.

thanks,

Dan

I have the 35 PWK with the mods listed below and mine runs pretty damn good. I'm sure I could gain a few extra HP by switching to duals but I like the single carb much better. Bottom end was definately improved. Gained a pretty big amount in top end also compared to the stock carbs. Pretty much had gains throughout. It doesn't completely eliminate the low end bog but it sure helps it out a shit ton. I can't really think of any downsides to owning one :shrugani:

Edited by jeepman380

here's my 2 cents. and i'm sure my buddy will chime in my mods are in my sig but i was racin a friend up and down some roads and whoever got the jump seemed to win. his bike just has fmf's and rad valves. mine has 160lbs in each cyclinder where as he has 125 with stock head. 5th and 6th gear he pulled away from me, and good too. again i'm stock bore,stroke,and port.

my guess is that the added compression without having a port job and timing advance to take advantage of the added compression is what hurt my topend. i hope someone can give me some advice on why he burns me in 6th gear.

as far as the setup. i like it. it was easy to change jets when i was rejettin my new shearers. and i gte a little better milage. only thing is that after i put the new head on i lost low end cas of the compression. i recommend it. i have atrinity one with a 35pwk. feel free 2 pm me with nething u wanna kno about it.

i built a shee for a buddy and put the single on it. the shee has 400 stroker crank, prodesign cool head with 21cc, t6s, wiseco prolites .20 over, open airbox with K&N. first put the 400 kit in, 3 hrs gas tank dry, would pull a wheelie in 2nd on pavemnt no prob. after the single (35mm or w/e the biggest is for the shee) 6 hrs, just going on res. and 4th gear wheelies. no bull shit. a def recommde :cheers::headbang::headbang: also, SO, SO,SO much eaiser to mess with, one carb to adjusted instead of 2 that have to being very close to the same. hope this leads u (& anyone else) in the right direction :cheers:

They are so easy to jet and work on that you might forget that you are working on a Banshee. :cheers: I sold my 33pwk set up that I was using on my duner but I'm trying out another one with a bigger carb so I can run drag pipes. Won't be the fastest bike but the single carb is so much easier to mess with that I don't mind a little loss in performance over to big carbs.

im currently running the 35pwk air stryker carb on my shee and i haven't had any problems so far. i ride alot of mountain trails that are tight and steep so i really don't get it up to speed like alot guys do in the dunes im sure. i know my mods aren't that extreme yet but, i have talked to several reputable quad guys and most say that the single carb will run good with serious engine mods but, the duals do better, personally i like the single because of the ease of use and those keihin carbs in my opinion are super reliable and easy to jet. my shee starts first kick everytime even cold or even sittin in the basement for two weeks in the air conditioning. i still have a little fine tuning to do on the 35mm carb as its new but, so far no complaints and a nice improvement on bottom end over stock. i rode my buddies banshee the other day which used to be mine anyway and he has had the trinity 420 long rod kit installed and man i tell you it really lacked the low end mine has but, im sure once he gets his goin it will blow my doors off. hope this helps you out and if you are contimplating my advice is to give it a try and if you don't like it someone will buy it from you on here so what do you have to lose??

there hell of good and easy like everyone raves about ONLY if u have a bike with moderate hooked up stuff ........ MX port slight boring , head work , clutch work

but if ure lookin for a big top end gain n alota top end power run dual 35's

HOWEVER im runnin the 2 : 1 35mm kehien pwk and that shit RIPS enough for now .

DEFINTLY go with the bigger carb

here's my 2 cents. and i'm sure my buddy will chime in my mods are in my sig but i was racin a friend up and down some roads and whoever got the jump seemed to win. his bike just has fmf's and rad valves. mine has 160lbs in each cyclinder where as he has 125 with stock head. 5th and 6th gear he pulled away from me, and good too.  again i'm stock bore,stroke,and port.

my guess is that the added compression without having a port job and timing advance to take advantage of the added compression is what hurt my topend. i hope someone can give me some advice on why he burns me in 6th gear.

as far as the setup. i like it. it was easy to change jets when i was rejettin my new shearers. and i gte a little better milage. only thing is that after i put the new head on i lost low end cas of the compression. i recommend it. i have  atrinity one with a 35pwk. feel free 2 pm me with nething u wanna kno about it.

420939[/snapback]

I think you are too lean on the main and thats why your falling flat on top... also shear pipes pull to 10500 rpm way beyond the trinity intake.

I'm running a 38, 55 pilot and 215 main. jet up

:bolt:

I think unless you are into drag racing or highspeed dune riding, that this is one of the best mods you can get. With the combination of v-force reeds, and a 2into1 pipe mine friggan hauls ass, (also has a port job and high compression heads)

Definitely much easier to jet to and makes it more reliable.

hey first banshee, goo news and for the rest of u guys too. i found out he had a 16 tooth front sprocket, i'm runnin a 14. so theres the answer to my burning dilemma. i agree i am gonna jet up just a little like u said. i got a 188 in it and all i got in my jet kit is a 192. that too big? lemme kno. but for now i am def gonna keep the single carb and wait till after port. then i'll play with it and see how much i can get outta 1 then i'll switch it to 2 and run it for a few days and i'll see which i like better. if i put on a 16 tooth sprocket i should be able to run with him or past him a little. the porting is gonna really wake her up but i think the single should be good. dunedemon and some others have prettyhopped up bikes with porting and pipes and they dune their single carbs. maybe someone who dunes can drop their 2 cents.

I have the 35 PWK with the mods listed below and mine runs pretty damn good.  I'm sure I could gain a few extra HP by switching to duals but I like the single carb much better.  Bottom end was definately improved.  Gained a pretty big amount in top end also compared to the stock carbs.  Pretty much had gains throughout.  It doesn't completely eliminate the low end bog but it sure helps it out a shit ton.  I can't really think of any downsides to owning one  :shrugani:

420665[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. I have had nothing but good come out of mine