selling the banshee? talke me out of this guys

sycoracer911

yfz's arent all that good on gas bro, buddy of mine has a piped yfz, dont know if its jetted rich but he gets a good 2-3 hours on a tank of premium dude. although the thing revs fast and high like a two stroke... suzuki is about to dominate the market anyways..wait for there bike ...ride that and then the yfz tell us how she feels

How's it going? Im originally from Pa near Philly. What part are you from? Anyways I use to see all types of banshee's were I lived from stock to fully modded bikes. If your worried about trail riding and everything my best advice to you is send your motor to trinity racing and get there Pro MX/TT kit or send it to another builder to do port work for low and mid range. But overall the choice is up to you. Or if your worried about gas milage then the only solution to that is to ride less.

:huh:

the only thing i ever would want to trade my banshee in for would be a long travel PV 310R. You should just pick up one of these if you want a great handling bike that wont put you to sleep like the 4 strokes will. could get a cheap 250r for like 2 grand and put 3 grand into it before you hit the price one of those yfz's will cost you, stock.

The 450's performance is really -_- .Sorry,fell a sleep thinking about them.I just got my wife a banshee.You could ask her if she would trade her's for one,but she might bust out laughing.Seriously,the banshee's performance is addictive,but not for everyone.Not everyone likes going fast.LOL!They aren't the best trail quad.If you like a quad that slow one minute.Then hit the powerband,and you wonder if it's going to run out from under you.Then, a banshee is what you need.A few of my friends have YFZ's.They run respectably.They have pipes,different cams,and K&N filters.They will surprise ya.To me though there's not a quad out there that gives an addreniline rush like a hopped-up banshee.If your banshee doesn't scare you,you don't have enough mods.

419813[/snapback]

well said :cheers: id als o add if fuel consumption is considered way too pricey to mod the banshee ,then just wait till you start making that 200$ a month payment on a new 450 that requires serviceing after 12 hours of use ,yo uknwo how to fix a dual overhead 5 valve high compression four stroke motor ? your gonna need to eventually doesnt matter wha tit is its gonna need repairs and maintenance ,only reliablity difference between 4 strokes and 2 strokes is a 4 poke will run like shit longer before it can be torn down than a 2 stroe k can , but cost 4 times the rebuild price too! :huh:

I dont know what to tell ya. Find out what suits your riding style the best and go for it. I like my banshee in the trails, it keeps up with the 450's and I only have a few mods. Dragging, the 450's pull on me a little bit. I like the 450's, they are fun, but it just seems like thats all that people have anymore. I like to have something that you dont see everyday. The only time that I can ever remember a 450 being in a better situation was when they could do steep hill climbs without much of a start because they have the low end four stroke torque that I didnt have. Just my .02

I The only time that I can ever remember a 450 being in a better situation was when they could do steep hill climbs without much of a start because they have the low end four stroke torque that I didnt have.  Just my .02

420203[/snapback]

same happenned to me, but once the dunes (not hills) gets taller then they run out of speed - like another member said - the 4 strokes are

1. expensive to buy :flush:

2.you will fall asleep on them -_-

3.4 times as expensive to rebuild :whoa:

4.more exepnsive to mod :shootself:

5. IMO they can not be mod to go as fast as banshee's otherwise you would have seen lots of modded 4stroke 450 drag racers? - at least i don't know about them...

so your only compromise is fuel - everything has its price, just depend how cheap YOU are :blink:

There's no shame in buying a yfz450, and you're not a "pussy" if you ride a 4 stroke  :shootself:

419812[/snapback]

:clap:

yfz's arent all that good on gas bro, buddy of mine has a piped yfz, dont know if its jetted rich but he gets a good 2-3 hours on a tank of premium dude. although the thing revs fast and high like a two stroke...

420075[/snapback]

hmm....i dont know about all that..last weekend i went to the dunes...rode from 10 am in the morning until at least 6 pm and the same thing on saturday...i did a little bit of night riding to...but i only went through 2-3 tanks of gas...

syco...i have to agree with most of the people that replied in this thread...pick the bike that will fit your riding style best..obviously i have the 450...we ride around locally in pastures and will sometimes drag race for fun...on the dirt i have no problem beating a banshee that has some mods on it..as far as the sand i dont have any problems keeping up with anybody there either...of course a banshees seat is way more comfortable :P and the sound of a piped shee :wub: well yea...

:clap:

hmm....i dont know about all that..last weekend i went to the dunes...rode from 10 am in the morning until at least 6 pm and the same thing on saturday...i did a little bit of night riding to...but i only went through 2-3 tanks of gas...

syco...i have to agree with most of the people that replied in this thread...pick the bike that will fit your riding style best..obviously i have the 450...we ride around locally in pastures and will sometimes drag race for fun...on the dirt i have no problem beating a banshee that has some mods on it..as far as the sand i dont have any problems keeping up with anybody there either...of course a banshees seat is way more comfortable  :P and the sound of a piped shee :wub: well yea...

420252[/snapback]

agree, we do bash the four strokes but in reality they are good machines ;) eventhough it took them 20 years to catch up :lol: - no pun intended

I've got a modded shee and a mildly modded 450 and it really depends on the terrain I'm going to ride on. If I'm riding really tight technical stuff I prefer the yfz. Being able to lug it around at slower speeds is definately an advantage. Anytime I'm on terrain that would allow for 3rd gear or higher on the yfz, I'm wishing I had the shee.

Oh and I get about twice the gas mileage w/ the yfz on sand. Dunno about tight trails since its been so long since I rode on em.