YFZ450 Front Calipers on Banshee

sj820

Just incase anyone is interested, YFZ450 twin piston front calipers fit on the Banshee/Warrior spindles. :clap: I will post some pics later today when I get home! I have not had a chance to try endo's yet but I will try and get some pics!!! I have a buddy with a Gas Gas 300 and I have always been jealous of his Brembo's up front! The Brembo calipers are beautiful if anyone has had a chance to check them out!!! After upgrading to front 450 shocks I thought why not the calipers too? I was under the impression I would have to put the 450 spindles on my a-arms which I proved will work but the ball joints might not last too long :drool: . After I got my calipers off ebay I figured it might be a Winter project but I was curious to see how close the calipers were to mounting on the Banshee spindles and to my surprise they fit right on there! :headbang: Cheap brake upgrade! :bolt:

First off the spindles won't fit on the banshee knuckle. But the 450/raptor knuckles and spindles will fit on a banshee.But there are some other parts you'll need +2 brake lines yah can use stockers but they are kind of streched and barly fit. Plus some +2 tie rods. But not a bad way to incress the width of your bike and lieghen sprung weight and bike weight. it's about 2 pounds a side. Just thought i WOuld let yah know about the spindles, And thanks for telling us about the brake calipers. Soon it will be there will be no stock parts wuahahahahhaha

First off the spindles won't fit on the banshee knuckle. But the 450/raptor knuckles and spindles will fit on a banshee. Just thought i WOuld let yah know about the spindles

419854[/snapback]

Care to clarify this a bit for us? :blink: What is your definition of knuckle? Most would call a spindle and a knuckle the same thing...

sorry i always thinking of the spindle as the hub. heheheh(RETARD) Yah to must people that can think ie not me. knuckles and spindles are the same thing.. it Works quiet well loots alot better to. sorry Im a idjut at times. The only other problem i found with the 450/raptor spindle/knuckles are the caliper bolts are a little short as well. but whats 2bucks at your local hardware store.

No need to use the 450\raptor, hubs\spindles, the 450 calipers fit right on the banshee spindles. Minimal f'en around! I spent more time on ebay looking for the calipers than putting them on the bike, inexspensive and fairly cheap upgrade.

:cheers:

As soon as I get some time I will post some pics, (full-time work) + (full-time school) = little time to jerk off! :yank:

Edited by sj820

The stock front Banshee calipers suck! I ride a lot of long staright RR beds so good front brakes are nice! Not necessary but they are better than stock!!! I paid approximately $75 shipped for two calipers. I bought them with the spindles for $175 but sold the spindles for $100. So after all the messing around with shipping and reselling the spindles I paid $75 for the calipers. For anyone that is interested I see calipers going for really cheap on ebay sometimes. I saw a set go for like $60 not too long ago. For any of you who know how much a delaer would charge for one caliper you know that $60 for a set of used ones(2 years old at the most) is a steal!!! So far I have yet to have any problems with the fluid getting too hot and burning up. I have extended a-arms so I am running extended brake lines for what it is worth. Probably not much. Oh yeah and try doing endos with the stock calipers. With the twin piston calipers its much easier!!!! :bolt:

Edited by sj820

I went with a new brake pads, stainless brake lines, and some Motul fluid. It made a huge difference. A streetbike master cylinder would do more to get a one finger stoppie.

Dual piston caliper will be the ultimate mod. I know that Duncan does a two caliper mod for PDV. Stops real well, they just don't sell to the public.

The YFZ/Raptor spindles I believe will make the Banshee slightly wider. There is binding with the ball joints though. I would definitly not suggest trying the YFZ/Raptor spindles on the stock a-arms. I have after-market a-arms and the ball joints fit but looks like it could do some damage to the ball joint if the right amount of stress was placed on the ball joint. That could prove to be pretty dangerous while haulin ass which is what the Banshee does best!!!!