Vitos 404 big bore kit

sezer

I do and I like its mid and top end power. I spend most of my ride time in the mid to upper rpms. Has ZERO low end. Plan on getting beat off the line in a drag race. Throttle response sucks compared to a stock motor with pipes. I wouldn't recommend it for any type of woods riding. My buddy's stock motor with FMF Gnarlys smokes my ass in the woods. The powerband is narrow and when it's on, it's on and when you fall out of the power, plan on clutching it hard to get her back in the power or downshifting. I feel it's better on open areas such as gravel pits, fireroads or anywhere where the higher rpms can be reached.

As far as reliability, I bought my machine used with the kit already installed. It was installed last year and still has the original pistons that came with the kit. I have had no major engine issues. I've owned it since June 1, and probably have about 15-20 tankfuls run in it, with the majority of the time seeing high rpms. Only problem I had was overheating, which I fixed with a billet impeller and Fluidyne radiator.

I may end up selling the cylinders during the winter to make an all out MX motor that I can run in the ATVA Production B and C class. The 404 and crank, in my opinion, is not a MX motor.

I do and I like its mid and top end power. I spend most of my ride time in the mid to upper rpms. Has ZERO low end. Plan on getting beat off the line in a drag race. Throttle response sucks compared to a stock motor with pipes. I wouldn't recommend it for any type of woods riding. My buddy's stock motor with FMF Gnarlys smokes my ass in the woods. The powerband is narrow and when it's on, it's on and when you fall out of the power, plan on clutching it hard to get her back in the power or downshifting.  I feel it's better on open areas such as gravel pits, fireroads or anywhere where the higher rpms can be reached.

As far as reliability, I bought my machine used with the kit already installed. It was installed last year and still has the original pistons that came with the kit. I have had no major engine issues. I've owned it since June 1, and probably have about 15-20 tankfuls run in it, with the majority of the time seeing high rpms. Only problem I had was overheating, which I fixed with a billet impeller and Fluidyne radiator.

I may end up selling the cylinders during the winter to make an all out MX motor that I can run in the ATVA Production B and C class. The 404 and crank, in my opinion, is not a MX motor.

419544[/snapback]

so you have a bigbore and a 4mm stroker and you still lack bottom end ? i would think you would have all kinds of torque from idle to midrange with that setup , unless its very aggresive in the porting dept. :blink:

Edited by rocketboy

so you have a bigbore and a 4mm stroker and you still lack bottom end ? i would think you would have all kinds of torque from idle to  midrange  with that setup , unless its very aggresive in the  porting dept. :blink:

419577[/snapback]

Compared to my buddy's stocker with FMF Gnarlys, I don't think do. He'll beat me in tight trails woods riding anyday of the second, minute, hour and day of the week for the rest of the year. It just isn't there at low rpms, but after we are out in the open places, he's smoked. After I had the clutch and a shift fork in it fixed, a few friends that race took it out for a spin on practice day (all 4 stroke boys), and they were impressed with its hi rpm pull and mid to high roll on power, and they said they wouldn't be shocked if it had some cylinder magic somewhere for the mid to hi rpm.