gearing + steering dampene

macgillivary

just wondering what you mx'ers are running for gearing

im in the process of swtching my shee from a trailer to an mx'er

sprocket changes are in the future i would say so im just curious

im still running stock at the moment

also i have a 2 into 1 pipe on my bike, i heard you cant run a steering stabalizer on the shee if you have that kind of pipe cuz thats where the stabalizer sits, just wondering if thats true

thanks

I'm runnin' 15-41 with porting. And I'm on a pretty tight track. I ran 15-41 before the porting, but never raced with it. I wouldn't know about the stabilizer not fitting with a 2 into 1 pipe. I would think it would fit a little easier, being that there's only one stinger. I guess it all depends on where it bends. I have a rebuildable PEP stabilizer with Pro Circuits and I had to find a longer bolt than what the kit came with in order to get everything to fit the way I wanted. I would definately look into some type of stabilizer for MX!

-If the PEP, Denton type stabilizers don't work... you can also look into getting a Scotts stabilizer! :drool:

Guest blew duece
just wondering what you mx'ers are running for gearing

im in the process of swtching my shee from a trailer to an mx'er

sprocket changes are in the future i would say so im just curious

im still running stock at the moment

also i have a 2 into 1 pipe on my bike, i heard you cant run a steering stabalizer on the shee if you have that kind of pipe cuz thats where the stabalizer sits, just wondering if thats true

thanks

412688[/snapback]

if you belly up and get the scotts stabilizer its adjustable on the fly and sits on your steering yoke but its 500 bucks.......the taller gearing for mx is the best if your shee's got the nuts to pull a 17 thats the way id go....you will accellerate like son of a bitch and have little to no tire spin unless off course you feather the clutch

The Scott's is arguably the best out there(for rich people).

When you are looking at a PEP/Denton for $125, just remember the Scott's is not 4 times as nice.

The Scott's does have an advantage as far as never interfering with the pipe, but that just isn't $375 worth of an issue to me. I have tried them both and bang for the buck is still one of the piston types. If you have an extra $375 to part with, I envy you. Good luck.

ya i was looking more into a pep or denton one, scotts is just too much cash for me

but i also heard that they wont work with a 2 into 1 pipe because of where the pipe sits in the middle

anybody have any pics of a stabalizer mounted on there bike? a picture could tell me if it would interfer

thanks