v-force 2 problems

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man I wish I would not have deleated the pm from him about the reeds, he told me one reed needed replacing and that all I needed to do was use some loctite on the screws and there would be not problems. thing is, the cage that was called the good cage broke a reed the first time, then the other cage broke two reeds on the third time one of the srews worked its way all the way out and destroyed the top end.

live and learn I guess, just realy pissed me off that he gets on here and says "yeah I had the same problem with mine so I shit canned them"

man I wish I would not have deleated the pm from him about the reeds, he told me one reed needed replacing and that all I needed to do was use some loctite on the screws and there would be not problems. thing is, the cage that was called the good cage broke a reed the first time, then the other cage broke two reeds on the third time one of the srews worked its way all the way out and destroyed the top end.

live and learn I guess, just realy pissed me off that he gets on here and says "yeah I had the same problem with mine so I shit canned them"

413776[/snapback]

you paid 85 dollars for these 200 reeds and you ecpected them to be perfect... i dont think you should be running a guys name thru the mud cus you tried to go the cheaper route and it did not work for you...

wes is a standup guy , sorry ,but what kind of dumby spends a thousand plus on a aftermaket cheetah cub monoblock and countless other go-fast mods like pipes and carbs, then buys somebodys used reed assemblys knowing damn well he told yo u they had issues and needed looked at :blink: i wouldnt buy a new ferrari and run somebodys used fuel injectors or old used tires on it .it was sold cheap with a word of caution added so how can yo u complain? everybody knows about the 2 series deltas unscrewing . he is sorry it fuct your jug up im sure , but why take chances on such an expensive racing setup like yours? yo u should have known better IMO so dont bad mouth the guy over a peice of plastic that he didnt install or oversee :cheers: hope you get it going again soon anyways

VF2's work damn well but they do not hold up on High Revvers. Not only do the screws back out, the reeds shatter but the cases deform as well. Some suppliers still have them in stock...steer clear and go with 3's.....Jim

as I said live and learn I guess, I was just pissed that it broke you know how it goes, jeff is pushing real hard to get the cylinders back to me as soon as posible so I can make the hq ride.

sad thing is I never knew the screws backing out was a problem till after I bought them. thats all I was getting at, could have said hay you have to really watch the scews on them or something along those lines.

no hard feelings to anyone I am not here to make enimys.

sorry to wesw but watch for flyin sand in ok. :P

pasion, do the threes hold up and not shatter? I want to know if I should by a set of back up pedels for the hq ride,

Edited by badassbanshee479

I think the lesson we can all learn from this is:

If your gunna invest all kinds of money on some sick parts, dont cut any corners!!!

Just go all the way and do it right. It may cost more now, but in the long run, it'll probably cost you less.

Because, anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

I think the lesson we can all learn from this is:

If your gunna invest all kinds of money on some sick parts, dont cut any corners!!!

Just go all the way and do it right. It may cost more now, but in the long run, it'll probably cost you less.

Because, anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

414109[/snapback]

good point ,the delta 2s work great... just every so many are prone for problems kinda like a banshee's pistons or cran kbearings ,you make a hundred and one good ones then theres that one that squeezes through...... <_<

VF2's work damn well but they do not hold up on High Revvers. Not only do the screws back out, the reeds shatter but the cases deform as well. Some suppliers still have them in stock...steer clear and go with 3's.....Jim

414071[/snapback]

I strongly disagree.I have been running them in my 01' since it was new.I also run PC pipes and really use the over revv the pipes have to offer.I get about 25 hrs out of a set of reeds from my v-force.My rad valve banshee gets about the same.The cases deform from combination of over tightend /heat.I have never experienced a cracked or shattered reed petal.

My personal drag 350 ALKY bike has had the same v force 2s in it for 3 years. No problems. As a builder (and i have built several high rev motors) I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 problems out of hundreds of these reeds sold!! I have also seen Boysens crack and break too. They all have there downfalls , part of having a High performance setup/motor and not stock! As far as "high revving" motors , i personnally havent had any troubles with V force 2s !

Edited by FASTOYS

I strongly disagree.I have been running them in my 01' since it was new.I also run PC pipes and really use the over revv the pipes have to offer.I get about 25 hrs out of a set of reeds from my v-force.My rad valve banshee gets about the same.The cases deform from combination of over tightend /heat.I have never experienced a cracked or shattered reed petal.

414465[/snapback]

Ive seen 6 sets personally go bad in the last year. As for cracked or chipped reeds, you can expect that, just like Jeff said "just part of the game". Screws backing out is just part of a bad design, along with inner reed housing distortion and warping.....same issue. They should have been made of aluminum to begin with and threaded machine screws... IMO...plastic??...get real. They wont admit it, but Ill be willing to bet thats why the VF3 became to be in the first place. Too bad as well, they perform great...just keep a close eye on them.....Jim