VP C12

409Banshee

I'm looking at running straight C12. The guy at VP tells me to keep my current jetting, but going up at least 3 sizes on the mains to be safe, then jet accordingly. Does this sound right? (no experience with jetting) The other problem is that my bike is currently being fixed at the shop so I don't have access to current jet settings. Anybody have a starting point that I can work with? 409 big bore/ stroker combo, +4 timing, Pro Circuits pipes, stock carbs, stock airbox. Compression: ???

To my knowledge, running a straight race fuel shouldn't require a different mix ratio. I also don't know that a jetting change would be necessary due to changing to race fuel. The whole point of running a race gas is to avoid detonation, due to increase cylinder pressure (ie. heat). Know if you've made other mods and are going to be switching to race gas as a result, and haven't jetted for the mods yet, then definitely. But if you've jetted for your mods and are simply changing fuels, I don't imagine a jetting change is in order. But haven't done exact scenario myself... :confused:

Don't run race fuel unless you have to, race fuel is acually a slower burning fuel than regular pump gas. Race gas is for high compression engines, keeps them from detonating. Running race fuel in an engine that doesn't need it, can accually make it run worse. Pluse its about $6.00 a gallon