KATRINA

We've got a facility in Covington just on the North Side of Ponchatrain, directly in the path. We shut down on noon Saturday and they told everybody to leave. I spent my spring down there so I know alot of people in the area and they are supposed to call me later to give me an update on the situation. I think everybody got out of there atleast they should have and that's the most important thing, the facilities can be replaced. Glad I got to spend some time down in New Orleans this spring also cause it may not be the same for quite some time.

The news cracks me up. I watch these people who said... Every year this happens and our home gets flooded and ruined. Here's an idea! Don't live where freaking hurricanes come through all the time! What a great idea. They complain about the winds... we have a neighbor with a $15,000 weather station and he has recorded SUSTAINED winds of 130mph for around 5 hours and we normally have gusts in the 70-90mph range in a normal week by our ranch. Yes, this hurricane is a Cat. 5 so its winds will be much greater than that, but I am sick of people complaining about wind. Come to Wyoming for a year and see what you think of winds. I guess I just think its funny that all these people keep building and re-building right in the path of these hurricanes that they know are going to keep comming year after year after year. Come on.... :shootself: Duh. If you are fine with it that's great, I just don't like the yahoos on the news who complain about it. I'm sure there are a lot of people with very well built houses who don't mind it.

Just got of the phone down there, it doesn't sound very good for alot of people. Atleast it sounds like everybody got through it but right now they can't get back to check on their homes to see if they even have them. One guy thinks his house has about 10' of water in it and he was unable to take much with him, he got his wife and kids everything else stayed. They can't go check on the facility but if they won't let them in tomorrow they will get a chopper and check it out. Hurricanes like this one don't happen on a yearly basis down there.

And I don't think very many of these people carried flood insurance since flooding isn't in the regular home owners policy. I'm sure the price of insurance will sky rocket around the southern coastal regions and flood insurance will hardly be affordable.