Loose exhaust....

Brian060

While riding 3 weeks ago, I did a jump and broke my right side exhaust mount, the stock exhaust clamp came loose, and I noticed that I was missing a pipe spring. By the sound of the engine, I figure the pipe spring fell off first, and I know for a fact I broke the exhaust mount on a jump. Anyway, a compression test BEFORE my exhause fell off read 135 in the left cylinder, 125 in the right. Could this loose exhaust pipe have affected the compression in the right cylinder, and if so, how much?

Im thinking about replacing the head gasket when I replace both exhaust o-rings and pipe springs. I shouldnt have more than 50 hours on a rebuild, so is the gasket worth it? Are cometic gaskets any good for stock compression engines?

Thanks all,

-Brian

if you need to replace the head gasket i would recommend a stock OEM one, but for that PSI of compression the cometic should be fine, PM me if you need one, i have 3 spares..also it shoulden't effect your compression very much, could be time for a rebuild or maybe just the head gasket is leaking on that side causing a lower reading....also i made solid exhaust hangers all around with no problems, the stock rubber is there to reduce vibration and wear out...if you can CNC machine some billet ones for cheapish i'm sure a lot of HQ'ers would love a set, mine are made from a piece of flat steel that i bent, drilled 2 holes in, then spray painted...some billet ones would really stand out with the mud and crap on my bike

~Mark~

yes i have 3 brand spanky new head gaskets...i run a cool head so i don't need em anymore, i

m not sure yet but i might need to keep one gasket to sell with the good head, when i get around to it...i'm in WA state(west coast), so we're a long ways apart...if you do make the mounts i would gladly polish them myself, Thanks

~Mark~

Would you be interested in doing a trade, pipe hangers for a head gasket? If you are, I will take some pictures of the pipe hangers after I get mine made :cheers:

Edit: I just read that you already have metal exhaust hangers, Can you send me a PM with a price for the head gasket?

-Brian

Edited by Brian060