Resleeving

viper sleeves by far!!! they have an exhaust bridge and wider exhuast port and in general a more agressive port layout that blends into your stock jug ,a nice cheap upgrade instead of the lame stock style sleeve types :bolt:

I doubt your going to get the exhaust width you need to make up for that bridge that obstructs flow. Unless your cylinders are ported, or you have a 10 mill? A used set .020 over is less than the cost of the sleeves plus labor. Why install a sleeve?

viper sleeves by far!!! they have an exhaust bridge and wider exhuast port and in general a more agressive port layout that blends into your stock jug ,a nice cheap upgrade instead of  the lame stock style sleeve types  :bolt:

406011[/snapback]

I sure would like to see more on these drop in sleeves that will give you more port timing and a much wider exhaust port without extensive port blending!

If the WIDER exhaust is squeezed into the same port casting size without porting, I do not see any benefit.

How about putting up a link so we can all see it and learn.

Ron

<_< theyre on fleabay... hey im not saying they are equal to a good port job of coarse :blink: but an improvment over stock . when an exhaust bridge is utilized you effectivly can go up to 95% of the bore in exhuast width down the road when it gets ported .they can also be bored out more than standard sleeves too ,nonbridged exhuast ports can only be opened 70-75% of the bore,having a large wide exhuast makes a huge difference in power/torque and any builder would agree with that,im pretty sure all modern dirtbike motors have bridged exhuasts for this reason :bolt:

IMO, the other issue with those sleeves is in order to get greater than 75-80% of the bore width on the exhaust, you will have to weld the water jacket.

406557[/snapback]

Yea...., I don't think rocketboy understood the original question. There would be a lot involved with that much wider exhaust port.