2 into 1 intake

Dunsmoor86

Ok, I got my jets today and put in a 190main 52piolet 1.5screws out dek needle thirdclip. running a trinity 2 into 1 with 35pwk. It has a hesitation off idle and mid when you hammer it (actually kind of bogs) wondering if going down to a 180 would be safe. Top seems to run good but on the road it revs way to fast and im thinkin my clutch is slippin but............ I'm also thinking my piolet is to big considering I never have to use the choke.

i would go to like a 42 pilot, that is what i have in mine and i still don't have to choke it.... and as for main i think i have a 180 in mine and i fould my plugs last time i was trail riding,,,,, at the dunes it did good, needed to get it hot. i think i will be dropping a clip position and another size or 2 on the main, like a 175 or 170...

good luck and if you get it perfect before i do,,,, hook a brother up :cheers:

i would go to like a 42 pilot, that is what i have in mine and i still don't have to choke it.... and as for main i think i have a 180 in mine and i fould my plugs last time i was trail riding,,,,, at the dunes it did good, needed to get it hot. i think i will be dropping a clip position and another size or 2 on the main, like a 175 or 170...

good luck and if you get it perfect before i do,,,, hook a brother up :cheers:

403189[/snapback]

but we don't know your elev. and we don't know his. we also don't know all your mods or his. start slow, not big and do the changes one at a time so you know exactly what change does what...

Ported Cylinders

Ported reed cages

K&N

Bored .40 over

Head milled .30

Plus 4 timing

Fmf fattys

Boysen reeds

2 into 1 Intake 35pwk

I put the 180 main in, runs much better almost seems alittle rich still but I'm giong to wait till I can really get it out. I ended up turning the airscrews out 3-3.5 to get it to idle right and what not so i am going to order a 45 and a 48 and see where I can go from there. For some reason it seems to be running much cooler than with my stock carbs with 320mains.

Also around 800ft above sea level

Edited by Dunsmoor86

we are with in a few 100 feet of each other in elevation, and we have simalar mods.. i might have my clip too high, like i said, at the dunes it ripped it up but after trial riding in first and second at slow speed "not hitting the power band" i started to foul my plugs, hit the band for a sec and cleaned them up, but by the end of the day they were done... haven't pull the carb off yet, been fixing my yfz450.... i bought a new bike so i wouldn't have to work on it so much, come to find out it is the rider that keeps breaking the bike.... :shootself:

You might not have your clip to high or to low anyways, I put mine on the second clip down from the blunt end(top of the needle). Ran a hell of alot better. Don't know why but even on my stock carbs I was on the second clip. Maybe it's just Iowa :shrugani:

Edited by Dunsmoor86