arm pump

compose2

i raced the other week and by the time i got to the last lap, i could barely even press the gas. my arms and hands were killing me. is there anything i can do besides ride that will help minimize arm pump during a race?

402087[/snapback]

anti vibe bars, paired with anti vibe clamps, and stem might help alittle, but I wouldnt expect a huge difference.

Better yet, Take a few aspirin before the race.It will thin your blood enough so you won't get arm pump as bad.It works.

402122[/snapback]

Brian hit it on the nose, I used to do this when i raced mx, it really works, just don't cut yourself bad, you'll bleed like a stuffed pig!!!!

Get your forearms ripped (curls,bench,etc.)Or just beat it more often, but remember to switch hands :rolleyes:

402383[/snapback]

its funny you say that, cuz first im married, and second im right handed. my right hand and arm hurt the worst after the race. guess beating off won't fix the problem :shrugani:

All these things everyone said will help a little but the only things that are gonna help( speaking from my own experience) is work out get in good shape and ride ride ride!!! and remember to BREATH when your riding alot of ppl hold their breath and dont breath like they should be, thats a big part of some ppl getting arm pump and RELAX.....

Edited by sheerocks05

Even mechanics plays a role in arm pump.The type of levers you're using, clutch springs,bars,grips.?Even riding posture on jumps and turns will pump you up.

As you mentioned breathing regularly is a plus.

If you are going to workout and condition your arms,high rep with light dumbells normal and reverse forearm curls.

its funny you say that, cuz first im married, and second im right handed. my right hand and arm hurt the worst after the race. guess beating off won't fix the problem :shrugani:

402502[/snapback]

HAHA thats funny looks like you need to practice up sonny :rotflmao: I bet if it was your pre-marriage days that left arm would've been hating life while the right would have been asking for more :D

Edited by bansheeryder_69

They have it basically. The steering stabalizer helps, all the other mechanical things only a little.

Make sure you are not reaching to get to any controls.

Ride as much as possible. Then ride some more.

I do wrist curls at the gym to work my forearms. I want to look like Popeye.

Best of all. Relax. Breathe. Unless you got the rent riding on the rac, just let it come to you. I used to get pumped on he first lap, I'd get butterflies, and my arms would pump right up.

Loosen your grip on the bars some. You don't need to pull the grips off.

That's what worked for me.

The flex bars really help. I have them and they're totally awesome, well worth the high price. Also try this $25 training tool...

The Gyro

From their site: "The rotor, which can reach speeds of up to 9,000, rpm and puts out 35lbs. of torque, features a new "thermo band", which aids the user in controlling this powerhouse. The Dyna-Flex Pro a newly designed fun and almost addicting new product that is not only can be used as an executive relaxer, a carpal-tunnel/arthritis reliever, or a strength and coordination builder, but will knock your socks off! Wherever tasks necessitate repetitive wrist motions that includes flexion, extension and rotation or if you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome or repetitive motion trauma then, the Dyna-Flex is a product that you should be using."

pro_wbox_300.jpg