rear shock

sycoracer911

alright my rear shock is blown on the banshee and i cant afford an aftermarket.... well i was looking at raptor shocks.... will they fit all around? will it make the rear higher? is there any other shocks that will fit the banshee besides yfz..... i kinda want the seat hight and everything on the banshee a little taller.... so i know yfz front shocks lift the front.... now how about the rear?

alright my rear shock is blown on the banshee and i cant afford an aftermarket.... well i was looking at raptor shocks.... will they fit all around?  will it make the rear higher? is there any other shocks that will fit the banshee besides yfz..... i kinda want the seat hight and everything on the banshee a little taller.... so i know yfz front shocks lift the front.... now how about the rear?

399189[/snapback]

Have your stock rear shock revalved and rebuilt. Why would you want your bike to sit higher? That is only going to make it more tippy.

im with banshee~. the factory unit is an ohlins, and when valved for you it will perform quite well. im not sure about swapping in other units either. when swappin fronts its simple. but the rear has a linkage type setup that may affect the effective spring rate of the new coilover. unless you can try it before you buy it, id steer clear.

The yfz shocks work great and do not raise it much man :cheers:

399300[/snapback]

i know but im asking about the rear shock mainly.... also i would like it higher cuz i ride trails so i wanted the frame up more.... oh well ill ride with ablown one for now cuz i cant aford to rebuild it

i know but im asking about the rear shock mainly.... also i would like it higher cuz i ride trails so i wanted the frame up more.... oh well ill ride with  ablown one for now cuz i cant aford to rebuild it

399987[/snapback]

You will learn to ride a sport quad on the trails. Let say you dont want to high center over a log, when your front tires hit the log give it some gas to pop the front end up ride a wheelie over it. I dont know, but you might do your shock some harm ridding on it while its blown. Save up some chips and call elka or someone to get a price on a rebuild.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...