Rim size?

Ruko

I am looking at getting a set of 22-11-10 haulers. That would be with 10 inch rims, but a buddy of mine thinks that it makes a difference what size rims you go with and that I should get 22-11-8 instead. Does it really make any diference?? I want them for hill shooting mostly.

A smaller rim will allow the tire to elongate as you go faster, thereby changing your gear ratio. For strictly dragging your better off with a smaller rim. Drawback of 8's is they look kinda weird and don't handle as good as a 10 would. If you like to dune as well I'd recomend the 10's.

Hey polish, what bike are your bringing? I ll be there at the hill with a all red 4mm cheetah and a Sand color H2 SUT. I dont want to bring the big bikes because if the hill isnt graded, I dont feel like getting beat up. Come bye and say hi.

Edited by sean10

I weighed a pair of 20x11x9 Haulers, with 8 paddles, and also weighed a set of 20x11x10 Haulers, also with 8 paddles. The 10" tires were a pound lighter for the pair, ... or 1/2 pound lighter each. The scale I used is for shipping on UPS, so is certified accurate, but only to half pound increments. The scale was not sensitive enough to detect any difference in weight between T-9 aluminum 9" wheels vs T-9 aluminum 10" wheels. After weighing both the 9" and 10" tire/wheel options for myself I concluded the 10" combo would be just a smidge lighter overall, so that is what I got. :cheers:

Rim Size Does It Matter??? Umm well i think it does a little, ive tried all kinds of sizes, and i think all of them will work better than others, or else why will there be diferrent sizes??? from the drag bikes i have now, i use 8 inch mostly, and only use 9 inch on my 14mm cheetah, but on the others im using 8 inch right now, and ive found to be better for drag racing only!!!!! now on my duner ive tried both and i love my 10 inch wheels on my duner better, it handles bettter and they also look better, adn they pull hard as a 8 inch would, but now if u strictly drag i must recomend some 8 inch, but if u drag and dune i will recomend u some 8 inch, but for my opinion all sizes will work better at something than others, hope this help u.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

iv'e been told that larger diameter rims will bend easier on big jumps and rocks and stuff so to get the same strength as an 8 inch .125 rim you need to get the.190s and you'd be golden 10's look so much better.

Edited by fast500#12

• 4 weeks later...