Need a little help finding a baseline

broke

This has been debated before, but I hope this doesn't stir up anything again.

12port 4mm RZ

30mm Keihins

Rockets

clamp ons

I searched and only found people using large carbs. Can anyone give me some idea where to even start on this thing before I burn it up breaking it in. It fired with 170 main, stock pilot and needle one clip richer. I've only done one heat cycle yet, no rides.

what did the plugs look like with 170's?? i think thats gonna be way rich. i run 35mm pwk with a mina jet at 162 and 45 pilot. my brothers jetting is exactly the same. they both run top notch and were both jetted in on a dyno at different times. i dont know if the 30's will be roughly the same jetting or not. whats ur elevation?

Elevation is about 200 above sea level, temp is around 100, humidity is too fucking high.

The last RZ motor I had liked jets in the neighborhood of 180. I tries the 170's becasue of the heat. I don't know how close the 30's will be, but I ride too much tight shit to go with big carbs.

I haven't even ridden the bike yet, so no plug reading. Basically just let it idle until it's warm and let it cool.

Elevation is about 200 above sea level, temp is around 100, humidity is too fucking high.

The last RZ motor I had liked jets in the neighborhood of 180.  I tries the 170's becasue of the heat.  I don't know how close the 30's will be, but I ride too much tight shit to go with big carbs. 

I haven't even ridden the bike yet, so no plug reading.  Basically just let it idle until it's warm and let it cool.

396460[/snapback]

Jay I am not sure if this will help or not but when I broke mine in this spring I was running the pwk 30's and started with a 170 main 55 pilot,a cel needle on the center clip,a 4.5 slide and pilot screw 2 full turns out. My final settings on the 30's were 165 main,48 pilot,cel on the 2nd clip a 6.5 slide and pilot screw 1 1/4 turns out. I am at 160ft above sea level. PM wes he is very knowledgeable when it comes to jetting.

i dont know if im that knowledgeable.lol

i would try 48 -55 pilots, i have no clue what needle your running if you can get that info it will help a bunch.

if you run a cel like charlie said, i would say 4th clip or 5th and a 150 main

find what needle you have and that can help a bunch

12 ports seem to really like a rich mid i know jim motor does and im sure yours will also.

Edited by wesw