Need some sage advice

OK, Im finally at the end of my rope as to what to do with my motor.

Im a former pro TT rider who now only rides local TT stuff, wide open fire roads, an occasional trip through sissy trails, and am now starting to like dragging.

My dilemna is this...

I am getting ready to send my motor out for freshening, porting, etc. I have a stock crank still in it. On my shelf, I still have a brand new Wiseco +4mm stroker crank with +5mm long Hot Rods. I'll be using stock cylinders as a starting point as I cant afford Cubs right now.

Im running 33mm PWK's, Cool head with 18cc domes, CPI inframes, Fireball intake, VForce 3's, etc.

For what Im looking to do, would you guys go ahead and use the stroker crank or just sell it and use the money for something else?

Knowledgeable replies are appreciated.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, for type of riding you could use the porting money, money from selling your cylinder and the money from the stroker crank to by some cubs. You'd probably get more bang for the buck that way. I haven't ridden cubs either though but heard they are for haulin ass !!

If you have a stock crank though, you may be playing w/fire running that much compression and horsepower. Crank is the heart of your motor, I personally would build my motor around the crank, especially seeing how you already have it. I see rod's point, but I would be a little afraid the stocker wouldn't hold up.

Since you are going to freshen up your motor with new pistons, and are going to get it ported, get it ported to work with your stroker crank. You already have the bigger carbs, and head to work with it. Talk to your engine builder and he should be able to set you up. No point to waste a perfectly good crank by letting it sit on the shelf collecting dust

OK, Im really leaning toward selling shit and buying cubs.

With Cubs, sell the stroker crank or use it? Can I use my Trinity cool head and CPI pipes and shit?

395799[/snapback]

If you can afford to keep the stroker crank and get cubs ... there you go. cpi's and the trinity head will work just fine !!

Withe the cubs for the 4mm crank I don't even think you'll need domes unless they are just the wrong size.

If you want real pwr you should get some pipes built more for those cylinders. A&S has them. Hell, you might as well do a big bore and get big bore pipes. I don't think the big bores cubs cost much more. Along with some big bore pipes.... shazam !!!

Edited by fixitrod

Withe the cubs for the 4mm crank I don't even think you'll need domes unless they are just the wrong size.

If you want real pwr you should get some pipes built more for those cylinders. A&S has them. Hell, you might as well do a big bore and get big bore pipes. I don't think the big bores cubs cost much more. Along with some big bore pipes.... shazam !!!

395805[/snapback]

Whoa there big fella...

I started out asking about stoc :cheers: k cylinder and next youre gonna have me on alcohol and shit...

:cheers: