JETTING MOTOFAST

hey hq members just got a set of moto fast 2 into 1 pipes i just want to know where to start jetting i live near chicago i have k&n filter no snorkle air box lid on it has a 240 main in it now how much do i have to go up on main and pilot. i run it at 40 to 1 amsoil synthetic if any one could help it is my first time be gentle thanks :D

can anyone tell me where to start i put in a 300 wont go over 1/4 throttle thanks

you never had any trouble? so you think when i put the 300 in it it made it too rich? i had a 240 before for the k&n filter does anyone else agree with this banghead no jetting for a 2 into 1 pipe thanks

hey hq members just got a set of moto fast 2 into 1 pipes i just want to know where to start jetting i live near chicago i have k&n filter no snorkle air box lid on it has a 240 main in it now how much do i have to go up on main and pilot. i run it at 40 to 1 amsoil synthetic if any one could help it is my first time be gentle thanks :D

392345[/snapback]

Where are you located? I libve near chicago too in Barrington, and use a dynoport 2 inot 1 also. No jetting is really required, its tru, my shee is stock wiht foam proflw and snorkle off, airbox vented. im running a 220 main and stockthe rest of the way around. 2 into 1 pipes rely on backpressure for torque if Im not mistaken, and dont need to really be jetted. you ARE gonna lose your 6tyh gear top end with that pipe, fyi. We shold ride sometime. :bolt:

Yep I'd jet for the pipe like stock pipes, maybe put the 240 in it.

All you guys from around chitown need to head down next month to the US41 Drag in Indiana. Be nice to see some shees out there to race against.

$25 race from 6pm-3am. $10 to watch.

Open drags basically bring whatever the hell you want. Watched a frigging VW van on Nos take a camero on Nos, boy talk about the shock of a lifetime there.

And a guy drop not only his drivetrain, but his tranny followed by his motor on the track. And another guy trwist the axle off his mustang at the start, his wheel rolled by him that was entertaining. Literally corkscrewed it off.

If you dont have to jet up for a performance pipe,that tells me your not getting much better power. 2 cylinders- 2 pipes = faster banshee

393457[/snapback]

Not true, that 2 into 1 produces gobs of low end compared to any other pipe. It sacrifices the top end though. Jetting does not always reflect power increases although in most cases it seems to be very closely related. The way I compare jetting to power increase is by the area UNDER the power curve rather than the peak of the torque curve. The 2 - 1 pipe simply flattens the curve out by bringing the low end up and the top end down. It doesnt increase the area under the curve as much as say, FMF's, T5's or the higher end drag pipes. They increase the area under the power curve and also require larger jetting. This is definitely not a scientific explanation but it seems to explain it a bit better than "well, my jetting is 3 sizes higher so I am definitely quicker"

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS IT RUNS GOOG WITH THE 240 IN IT I HAVE A K&N FILTER ON IT TOO BUT THE 2 IN TO 1 HAS SOME SICK LOW MID RANGE POWER

• 4 weeks later...

mine is 20 over ported and polished. 240 mains are perfect but alittle lean at wot. dont hold the thing wide open except for 2-3 second bursts, mife wifes is 40 over ported and polished and i run 250 mains in hers,it is perfect. both run motofast 2 into 1 pipes. my brothers is stock bore with motofast 2into 1 and he runs 240 mains it. it runs perfect.240 mains is right on

You should try a 2 into 1 one a cub WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Had a fun ass time with that.  (not being sarcastic either).

405235[/snapback]

Hey fireman, what the hell were you trying to say??? Also where in In re you located? I live in Barrington,IL now but I grew up in St. John, In. You know where that is at? I have been to that 41 dragstrip, but not for years, and I've never raced anything there either...yet