Banshee 01

Hiya ,

I have recently purchased an 01 Shee and after a few minutes of riding a small amount of water is ejected from one of the front hoses close to the bars.

I assume its an overflow pipe , as i havnt actually been able to locate or see where its coming from , only the fact that the tank , and tops of my legs get splashed ocasionally with hot water.

Its not all the time and in a days riding may happen 2 or 3 times maybe.

Any ideas what this is , head gasket related ?

cheers in advance for any information regarding this.

Mark ( uk )

Isnt anyone going to comment on this , thought you lot would of been more helpfull to be honest.

:cry:

390389[/snapback]

Relax dude, give us time-

First; i doubt its the head gasket-more than likely its the coolant return hose.

Or it could be something as simple as a loose rad. cap. You mite also want to go around and tighten all of your hose clamps, the dude who owned it before you mite have been a "dum ass"

So start simple, then work your way up- you'll solve it im sure

good luck dude :headbang:

New rad cap fitted by myself.

There is stil a coolant bottle underneath the seat , should this be filled with coolant to the required ammount.

I ask as when it was , it spat most of it out from a front overflow hose , but now it has done that , the level is still at the top of the rad , just underneth the cap when u take it off.

So , whats next

Cheers for the help & comments so far .

:D

Is the rad gurgling? If you turn it off quick when it's spitting, I'm wondering if it's gurgling and overheating or if it's just too full. There's a line on the coolant overflow and it should be filled to that. Also check that the bottle is connected to the rad. It might be there but not be connected so instead of it going to the bottle, it's spitting on the pipes and stuff.